Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • dalby parking and access
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

Ive heard that it will cost me to park at dalby forest? hmmm anyone know where to park thats free and i can ride in, tight i know but when ur on a weeks biking trip in scotland the cost to park ur car at all the venues soon mounts up…

uplink
    Free Member

Park down at Thornton le Dale and ride up?

I think Dalby go to Winter prices in the next week or so [£3]

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You’re right. Its f*cking tight. I really grates my balls when people do this.

Park at Dalby, pay your £7 and ride straight onto the trails.

Alternatively, park somewhere in the sticks and I hope your car has gone when you get back.

gee
    Free Member

That’s tight.

GB

uplink
    Free Member

The fee is for the toll road [not parking] and AFAIK it goes straight into FCs coffers and none of it goes to the trails

I bought a yearly pass which works out quite cheap for me but you could try going early before the old boy on the gate gets there

sheffield43
    Free Member

I think £7 is a lot for parking – compared to other places. We alternate between parking off site and paying. Its £4 November to (I think March) which I’m happy to pay every time as it seems more reasonable. There’s a free car park at 491400,486830 with a bridleway into the forest. Look at an OS map.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I think £7 is a lot for parking

But parking[i] is[/i] free… 🙄

The Toll Road is £7..

P20

Most sports centres or gyms will charge you at least a fiver or more for a couple of hours, so is it really that bad?

AngusWells

I don’t get the comment that the toll road money goes to the FC and not the trails. Anyway, if you really object there is plenty of open moorland and miles of bridleway access across the NY Moors, but then you would have to do your own navigation (cost of a 1:50k OS map is more than entering the forest), find your own cafe on route and lose all thee other things that make trail centers so popular on FC land. You pays your money and takes your choice.

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Dalby is a rip off. It just is. Anything under a fiver, ok. But £7? No thanks. I parks at levisham and go over the moors instead.

neil853
    Free Member

You’re right. Its f*cking tight. I really grates my balls when people do this.

Park at Dalby, pay your £7 and ride straight onto the trails.

Alternatively, park somewhere in the sticks and I hope your car has gone when you get back

Couldn’t have put it better myself

seven
    Free Member

Ive heard that it will cost me to park at dalby forest? hmmm anyone know where to park thats free and i can ride in, tight i know but when ur on a weeks biking trip in scotland the cost to park ur car at all the venues soon mounts up…

Can I just point out that Dalby is quite a long way from Scotland 🙂

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Most of the Staines are £2.00 to £3.00 to park all day and Dalby (before you jump in I know its not in scotland)is £7.00. OP drives to several venues in a week but thinks parking costs will mount up !!! FFS !! Obviously saving up for Ti frame then….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘dalby parking and access’ is closed to new replies.