Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dalbeattie – tree warning
  • forge197
    Free Member

Just a little warning if you are heading to Dalbeattie on the very final section that leads to the car park (red, blue trails).

There is a left hand berm followed by a short wooden boardwalk bridge which leads into a potential jump (depending on speed) and into a right hand berm after that berm is a tree which is down across the trail there is no signage or diversion.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Thanks for the warning – will be there Tuesday probably. YGM BTW!

simonralli2
    Free Member

BTW I assume you haven't had an accident at the tree and are well? To be honest at the pace I ride I will always have plenty of warning of any potential obstacles. You know how heavy I am on my brakes on any downhill sections and can also be found on foot as well (although I am hoping to finally do that Mabie section) 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    forge197
    Free Member

Thanks Simon, I've replied, no I didn't have an accident as Mrs F had been down the trial at her more sedate pace and came back to tell me it was down so that I didn't, I do like to hammer over the bridge so that was lucky.

FCRanger
    Free Member

Hey, realise this is probably slightly late due to the fact that you were going to Dalbeattie yesterday as well, but the tree was taken out yesterday lunchtime. If ever you spot fallen trees on any of the 7 Stanes routes, then please email the FC. There is a contact section on the 7 Stanes website.

Hope it didn't spoil your run!

simonralli2
    Free Member

FC Ranger – hiya – had small change of plan and now going tomorrow! Looks like I may get another break in the weather again!

Trekster

Hiya Gibb, too wet to get out?

You coming on Simons stw weekend, see other post, 26th/27th?

Was the helicopter incident a local or visitor?

forge197
    Free Member

FCRanger – I didn't think to mail 7Stanes team will do that next time I see something like that.

Didn't spoil my run, I had a great ride. Will be back there soon as it's my local 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

oh and FCRanger thanks for sorting the tree

FCRanger
    Free Member

Hey John,
    Seems constantly too wet at the moment!! Staff on hoilday over the weekend and bank holiday meant that it was tues before we got to it!! I found it on saturday in the pouring rain, then Tally phoned to say about it as well! I'm away the wknd of 26th/27th, on holiday at Ullapool. Lucy's doing the 130mile sportive ride on the saturday!

The helicopter incident the other wk was a tourist, full write up in this wks Galloway news!!

Forge, thats great, its always good to have another set of eyes on the ground!!

Cheers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dalbeattie – tree warning’ is closed to new replies.