Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dalbeattie, Are there any decent pubs or Take Aways?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

We are organising a riding trip to the north and are looking at staying just outside of Dalbeattie. On street view it doesn’t look particularly welcoming but I could be wrong.

Can anybody recommend anywhere to drink/eat?

scruff
    Free Member

Theres was a Chinese take away we used once. Opposite was a pub with a drunk bloke outside scraping some words into the wall with a big knife.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Anchor inn at kippford, 2 or 3 miles down the road serves decent food and beer, and is in a lovely location.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Anchor Inn looks nice Thanks.

The bloke with a big knife sounds about right for the street view images of Dalbeattie.

andyr
    Free Member

The Steamboat Inn further long the coast at Carsethorn is okay. There’s a wonderful cafe on the High Street, think it’s called the Granite Kitchen. You also need to pop to Neilson Brothers butchers up by the river and have one of their homemade steak pies – gobsmackingly good (can you get me one or 3 too?).

prawny

There’s a wetherspoons in dumfries 😉

Scapegoat

The Steamboat is in an idyllic location, but we found the food decent enough, but only ordinary. What the hell, it’s only fuel…

Kebab shops in Dumfries too! Treat yourself to a munchybox if you get the chance. Your arteries will forgive you eventually.

chris_db
    Free Member

We always go for a meal at the Anchor, great place and right by the sea/estuary.

br
    Free Member

Take a look at Mabie which is nearby, the hotel at the trail head served very good food in the bar when we were last there.

Home

crashmagnet
    Free Member

Kippford is great, we hired a log cabin a few miles up the road and did Mabie, dalbeattie, drumlanrig in amongst a family holiday. Awesome fun.

FOG

The pub on the main road past Mabie, opposite the mill thing is excellent! No food but very good beer and a lovely garden to drink it in , weather permitting

Trekster

Sitting outside the Anchor on Thurs night sipping a beer, watching the boats bobing about on the tide and it was still T-shirt weather!!
    Some good pub grub, Italian and Indian food to be had in Castle Douglas.
    Our post Hardrock Challenge meal venue; http://www.luigisrestaurant.org.uk
    http://www.mpgcycles.co.uk/contact.asp = your first stop for spates.
    3 bike shops in CD, Next Level(DH & Enduro rider Mark Wilcox), CD cycles and Velo Cycle being the newest, owned by ex STW /Voodo and Scottish team rider Gareth Montgomerie 😆
    http://camphillfoundation.net/locharthur/en/creamery-and-farmshop/the-new-farmshop/

allthepies
    Free Member

Another +1 for the Anchor.

flounder
    Free Member

I recommend the Masonic Arms in Gatehouse of Fleet. It is 20 miles from Dalbeattie but well worth the trip as I think it his one of the best places to eat in the area.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dalbeattie, Are there any decent pubs or Take Aways?’ is closed to new replies.