Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dairy free recovery drink?
  • littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Anyone know of any brands that do dairy free recovery drinks?

I’ve tried Torq recovery but the whey protein doesn’t agree with me – I got sick and bloated. I could try adding Torq Raw to a shake made with soya milk or something but I wondered if anyone knew of any dairy free ones.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Beer?

jonba
    Free Member

IIRC alpro chocolate soya milk contains a reasonable amount of protein. Given that standard chocolate milk is reported to be as good as recovery stuff it might work.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Can’t drink beer but I do like a pint of cider after a ride!

hmm choccy soya milk….certainly cheaper than sports drinks. might try that. I’ve got a shake made with almond milk and mashed banana for when I get home tonight.

bob_summers

I buy bulk dextrose & pea protein isolate, and make a smoothie with a couple of bananas, 0.5l of choc soy drink, salt, and the dextrose & protein. I just whiz it up in a pint glass with a hand mixer, straight after training.

You’re aiming for 4:1 protein to carb ratio, so you have to juggle the quantities a bit depending on whether you use bananas or not, what brand of soy etc, and of course your bodyweight.

frepster
    Free Member

I just make my own using hemp protein, flaxseed, agave syrup, almonds, dates and raw cacao nibs. Add a banana and 500ml of water and it is plenty thick enough. I find it very filling and only drink half of it and take the other half to work the next day.

Im not convinced soy protein is that good.

sam_underhill

SIS recovery is dairy free I think.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Strongbow I think is dairy free?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dairy free recovery drink?’ is closed to new replies.