Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Daft Tubeless Question
  • weeble
    Free Member

Right Im a first time tubeless user and I’ve set my American Classic wheels up tubeless using a Stans valve and sealant, everything looks good.

On the sealant bottle it says that the sealnt lasts 2 – 7 months, but then what? Does the sealant dry up and need to be removed or can I just put more sealant in? I guess I’ll know when the sealant has had it because I wont hear it in the tyre?

Anybody help with the answers?

Ta

stumpy01

Some of it will be squirted out of any punctures you get before it seals the hole and the rest of it (I imagine) dries up.
    You can just stick more in, but probably best to scrape out the dried up stuff and re-fill.

Mine’s been in since August last yr. Should probably do something about it!

RealMan
    Free Member

weeble
    Free Member

RealMan is that how the sealant ends up or is that alien lifeform in your tyre?

nosedive
    Free Member

once mine dry up I just leave them. by then it’s done it’s job of sealing the inner wall

Once it’s dried up and the dregs have formed themselves in to that spiky blob above, it seems to stay sealed indefinitely, or until you get another puncture. You need liquid sealant in there to seal new holes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Daft Tubeless Question’ is closed to new replies.