Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • daft question I know, but,If I was to climb up one of those telegraph poles with
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

“Danger of Death” written on it how close would I need to get before I got zapped.. 🙄

large418
    Free Member

depends on the voltage in the wires, and the weather, but anywhere between 0cm and 5000cm. You would be a winner of the Darwin awards for trying though

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

It’d all bollox. No danger at all. The sign is there to stop folk hooking up their own ‘leccy for free.

Just go for it. These signs are noticibly less common nowadays. The money grabbbers realise this and route the juice through less acessible channels.

## For the dim witted – the internet is full of really bad advice!.

jon1973
    Free Member

depends on the voltage in the wires, and the weather, but anywhere between 0cm and 5000cm

Surely you come far closer than 50meters when you walk under a pylon? I pretty sure passer-bys aren’t getting continuously zapped.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

lol, i just might end up using one for a go pro cable cam set up i have planned,will er on the side of caution tho,and dont plan on goin high up.. 😉

TheFlyingOx

You would be a winner of the Darwin awards for trying though

I’m pretty sure Darwin has to win first before you get the award.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘daft question I know, but,If I was to climb up one of those telegraph poles with’ is closed to new replies.