Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Dads army, really?
  • fettlin

How can this be allowed?

Part of my childhood has just died

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks bloody excellent if you ask me. 8)

badllama
    Free Member

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I wish for once Hollywood would get some decent writers in and do something completely NEW!
    I love Dads Army and will go and see the film but it’s not the same is it!

Drac

Looks awful. 🙁

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m interested to see how it turns out. Toby Jones can do no wrong from what I’ve seen on him.

MSP

The thing is when you look back at the original, the script, the dialogue and most of the supporting cast wasn’t that great a lot of the time. But Arthur Lowe was perfect his casting dragged the show to the heights of greatness. He is the irreplaceable element a remake could never again achieve.

martinhutch

1944…on the brink of defeat? I’m oot.

kimbers

The original was bad enough, there’s no need for this, especially as the BBC repeat it eternally

JulianA
    Free Member

The TV series is dreadful and this will undoubtedly live up to that standard. Looks rubbish.

bikebouy
    Free Member

What a bunch of misery guts’s.

Its excellent.

🙄

TheBrick
    Free Member

Might take my Dad. I think he will love it!

Northwind

I want to hate it but you know what? That’s a great cast, and obviously pretty lovingly matched to the originals. Good start.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its definitely in my benefit of the doubt pile.

RustySpanner

I don’t think I could ever trust someone who didn’t like Dad’s Army.

T1000
    Free Member

It’s going to be an excellent adaption just like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Toby Jones is excellent but the trailer I saw was not promising. As ever I’ll wait and see what the good doctor says.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can live with it. 🙁

It was always shite. 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

Your name will also go on the list. Vhat is it?

nbt

Don’t tell him, D’Arcy!

ourmaninthenorth

DD – you have slipped on my estimations. I’ll blame it on your being a foreignist and say no more about it.

CountZero

I used to watch it first time around; to quote Blackadder; “I thank God I wore my corset, because I think my sides have split.”
    Spoken in an appropriately sarcastic tone of voice.
    Blackadder, on the other hand…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I feel like that about Tommy Cooper. What sort of miserable git wouldn’t like Tommy Cooper?

Only someone lacking in normal human emotions.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m only joining in because I’m bored, but I was pretty indifferent about the series, if it was on is find myself watching it almost despite myself, it washes over you inoffensively enough, but I’ve never laughed at it (last of the summer wine was the same).

This film will be shit though, not because I don’t really like the source material, but because instead of creating a new story with new characters, they’ve used the original ones so even the biggest fans will spend the entire length of it comparing them to the originals. I wouldn’t be surprised if the story is a patch work of most popular scenes from the series.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t forget the apostrophe Ian. 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ll be going to see it

jon1973
    Free Member

How can this be allowed?

Part of my childhood has just died

Don’t know why people get so upset about remakes – it doesn’t mean the original ceases to exist – in fact it often generates a lot of new interest. If the remake is no good, you just don’t bother watching it. If it is that bad it will just pale in to obscurity.

chewkw
    Free Member

The original is the best. I like! Very funny.

I would choose to watch Dad’s Army over those shite James whatever Bong any day.

😛

robdob
    Free Member

Looks really good, at least it’s not a load of Americans doing it!!

Bill Nighy can do no wrong in my book, looks ace in that. I actually laughed when he said “thank you sir” in that trailer. 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s going to be an excellent adaption just like the Bewitched movie, and the Bilko movie, and the Alan Partridge movie…

drlex
    Free Member

There’s a Bilko movie?
    😥
    I’ve only just come to terms with the fact that there were sequels to Highlander.
    <wishes he hadn’t opened this thread>

DezB
    Free Member

Good cast, but the original was one of those naff sitcoms plebs used to watch along with Are You Being Served and ‘Allo effin ‘Allo.
    At least the script looks like it lives up to the hilarity of the past.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Things I can live without:

– the ongoing obsession with Mentioning The War;
    – remakes, of everything, always, without end, again;
    – old sitcoms.

But whatever. Arthur Lowe and his men died so that I was free to decide what to watch at the cinema.

🙂

mt
    Free Member

Dads Army, loved it as a kid and still see it now and again. First watched with my Dad and Grandad who was in the Home Guard . They loved it, brings back happy memories for our family.

Hope the the film is as good as the series.

“Stupid boy” DezB. 🙂

paladin

I stumbled upon a remake of the film ‘whisky galore’ getting made in portsoy lately……
    Ricky gervais stars apparently

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

34yrs old and never seen the tv show. 😐

Pook

I suspect that, with the calibre of actors in it (including the ever brilliant Toby Jones), the script must be quite good and that it will be something of a tribute to the series rather than a remake.

I’m quite looking forward to it.

convert

As a kid nothing had me reaching for the off button faster than an episode of Dad’s army and have continued in the same manner all my life in some sort of pavlovian response to the theme tune. I must force myself to watch an episode now to see if I still think it is as dreadful as I did then.

The trailer looks better than my memory of the original TV series recalls.

It’s going to be an excellent adaption just like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie

I assume this is sarcasm!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I love Dads Army and will go and see the film but it’s not the same is it!

There’s a clue in there…

DezB
    Free Member

Where is “shock-horror-people-like-different-things” post?

the script must be quite good
    Did you see the trailer?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Dads army, really?’ is closed to new replies.