Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Dad, I've scratched the car a bit…………………
  • bruneep

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/13078895

A 20-year-old has written off his dad’s £275,000 Gumpert Apollo after taking it for a spin in Germany.

He lost control of the rear wheel drive supercar on a sharp bend near Brokdorf, just north of Hamburg.

After the crash the driver’s door ended up 100ft (30m) away and the car was described as a “total loss”.

The man was driving with a 19-year-old female passenger and both of them walked away from the accident with minor injuries.

Police are investigating whether he was speeding when he lost control of the car on the 50mph road.

The Gumpert Apollo has a top speed of 225mph (360kph) and goes from 0 to 60mph in less than three seconds.

rOcKeTdOg

looks like an airfield more than a sharp bend

donsimon
    Free Member

Ooops.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Looks like a road after a Sharp bend to me. Probably put the power down too quick tank slappered on to the straight, back end hobbled off the tarmac and hey presto barrel role.

Bet his gf was impressed though

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That’s some dodgy parking that is.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I used to share a house with a systems analyst guy in wandsworth. He had a big powerful motorbike, a day-to-day car, and a TVR that lived in the garage, which he mostly polished and waxed and sometimes drove on a sunny sunday. It was his pride, it was his joy.

I got some cash and bought a new computer, which came in a very large box. which, while empty and searching for garage space, I put on the bonnet of his TVR.

He came into my room later going absolutely apeshit about some scratches on his TVR bonnet about 1AM. I laughed at him because I was drunk. Sorry for laughing Craig!

I think he got his own place shortly after that. boring but true.

NZCol

**** me

Police are investigating whether he was speeding when he lost control of the car on the 50mph road

rotfl, nah no way he was doing more than 50 to cause that amount of damage.

MrNutt
    Free Member

The man was driving with a 19-year-old female passenger and both of them walked away from the accident with minor injuries.

Luck favors the stupid.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lucky it weren’t me, Kev….. 😉

As for the original pic; that’ll buff out, surely? I see worse than that still on the roads round here!

bagpuss72
    Free Member

OUCH!

My 1st driving lesson with my Dad I drove my mums car into a concrete fencing post… it was however a fiat uno so….. erm…. no comparison really

MrNutt
    Free Member

Kevevs you take self deprecation to new levels!

Junkyard
    Free Member

bet his dad is just glad he is alive but who would let a 20 yeard old drive that car with his girlfriend and think he would drive sensibly

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Luck favors the stupid.

What an idiotic thing to say. Do you know the actual circumstances of the crash? No you don’t do you? And his gf wasn’t driving, so is luck favouring her ‘stupidity’? Is it? Hmm?

Anyway you’re wrong because if you were right you’d’ve won the lottery by now…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

My 1st driving lesson with my Dad I drove my mums car into a concrete fencing post… it was however a fiat uno

So you actually improved it then?

rOcKeTdOg

crash improved it

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

MrNutt… you were just acknowledged by Elfin! You lucky bugger!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I really like the look of that car 🙂 Each to his own eh!

MrNutt
    Free Member

good grief, I say they were stupid then they are stupid till they prove themselves otherwise, to me, personally, through a series of tests.
    Then and only then will I revise my decision.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No you’re stupid.

scraprider
    Free Member

nice in blue, i wonder if they were doing things when he was driving.

pooley88
    Free Member

50mph? Come off it…

MrNutt
    Free Member

sticks and stones you fascist-lite 😀

samuri
    Free Member

bet his dad is just glad he is alive but who would let a 20 yeard old drive that car with his girlfriend and think he would drive sensibly

My guess would be dad didn’t let him take the car, he just took it. German equivalent of Ferris Beuller.

“Sehen Sie, es wirklich einfach. Was Laufleistung legen wir auf, wir nehmen ab.”
    “Wie?”
    “Wir werden nach Hause zurück zu fahren.”

cynic-al
    Free Member

looks like an airfield more than a sharp bend

I’m guessing the car came to rest a few miles after the bend 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

Police are investigating whether he was speeding

Lol! Have a wild guess.

jon1973
    Free Member

luck favors the stupid

Is that your phrase of the day?

munkyboy
    Free Member

that will polish out no bother

ski
    Free Member

Bet she will not forget that ride for a while 😉

hels
    Free Member

My sis wrote off my mums car when I was 15, she crashed into a parked truck (honest). So my dad bought me my own car to trash, good result.

As punishment, this guy should be made to drive around in a Prius.

emma82
    Free Member

Lol, if daddy can afford a car like that he’s just pleased his kid didn’t get killed than bout the car. Bless. Hope he got laid at least 🙂

BoardinBob

that will polish out no bother

I’ve taxed worse

Raindog
    Free Member

A better ending than the young lad in America who drove his dad’s M5 off the end of the runway outside Travolta’s house.M5 crash.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Dad, I've scratched the car a bit…………………’ is closed to new replies.