Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • D2D thetford
  • chambo82
    Free Member

Anyone know if D2D is on this year over at Thetford Forest ? I know that Thetford MTB club who run it have had some changes so not sure if it’s planned ?

njee20
    Free Member

Posted in March on Facebook (my bold bits):

Dear All,
    It is with Great Sadness That I wish to no longer run Thetford MTB Racing, re Dusk til Dawn and the Winter Enduro’s. After 13 years and some amazing times I feel the time has come to move on.
    From our small beginnings with only 250 riders at the first Marin Dusk til Dawn, and to put it together in a space of 3 months when Ken Ward retired from Racing Events, to the Hay-Days when we were getting over 1000 riders for Dusk til Dawn and 500 Plus for our Sunday events, we also had plenty of great sponsors backing them, But Sadly those days are behind us now, and with falling rider numbers and rising costs and very little sponsorship I can no longer justify running these fantastic events that has put Thetford Forest on the racing map.
    I started organising mountain bike events way back in 1993 until 1997 and then a Break until 2003 when TmtbR was created, that’s18 years of my Life spent working in the forest.
    BUT THATS NOT THE END, Alan and Fergus who have worked along side me with TmtbR will be taking over the promotion of events in the forest with the name of Thetford Racing, they have a page here on Facebook so Please go along and Like the page and they will keep you upto speed as to whats’ going on, they already have dates set with the forestry for Dusk til Dawn and the Winter Enduro’s right through to Winter 2017,
    I would just like to say a massive THANK YOU to all of you that have taken part in TmtbR events over the years and also to my Crew that have also put a Massive amount of work in to Make these events work, and my Partner in all of this Frank Jaworski who will also be hanging up his event shoes and concentrating on family life and his fantastic cycling store in the USA.
    There is also a list of assets that are now for sale, so if anyone is interested in them, Please email me at flinstonadventur@aol.com

Yours Sincerely Paul Hore (TmtbR)

So yes, but expect changes by the sounds of it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘D2D thetford’ is closed to new replies.