• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cystitis in dogs what can I do tonight
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

Sorry for the odd topic but my 9month old retriever bitch has just finished her first season but now is a bit of a state with Cystitis

I know the answer go to the Vet but we cannot get her in till tomorrow as much as I would love to get her in now.

I have just bathed her to help make her more comfortable is there anything else I can do tonight

Any help gratefully received

DrP

Finished her first season?? Being a dunce here, but In what??

I have a slight idea, which could obviously be the cause of the UTI…?

DrP

bruk

Could try cranberry juice. It is safe but most dogs won’t drink it as it is a bit bitter. Otherwise encourage her to drink and book appt for am with vet.

saladdodger
    Free Member

season = a period for dogs

bruk just tried the cranberry juice she drank a little at 0800 we will be in touch with the vet
    Thanks buddie

fbk
    Free Member

I assume the unavailability of your vet is your choice rather than your vet’s (not being funny but just making sure you know all vets have to provide a 24hr service).

As for the cystitis, it’s unusual in a bitch that young but there could be infection/inflammation somewhere round there. Don’t really like Internet diagnoses but what is she doing that worries you?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Don’t really like Internet diagnoses

agreed

She is leaking alot constant trying in vain to clean herself and wimpering which is not her of and by hell she stinks

yes I know about the 24hr service and we have spoke to them and they said ring back at 0800 because it is not realy an emergancy

fbk
    Free Member

Hmm, that doesn’t sound very good (the service, not the dog!). Having said that she’ll probably be fine and should settle. Feel free to drop me an email if she doesn’t.

saladdodger
    Free Member

thanks FBK much appreciated she is asleep next to me snoring nicely 🙄

guess I am a bit soft

fbk
    Free Member

Good stuff. Hope you get a peaceful night 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cystitis in dogs what can I do tonight’ is closed to new replies.