Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cynical??
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Facebook. I use it now and again for keeping in contact. I’m not a mad addict, maybe one a week. It’s a useful tool to me, nothing more

But recently I’ve been getting lots if requests to ‘like’ various pages for various events.
    Now, the people asking me to do this are mates but it feels like I’m being used just to advertise stuff, so I’ve not responded. It just makes me feel a bit awkward. Accept the invitation or ‘like’ the page and I feel like I’m being used, ignore it and I feel like I’m being a bit mean, if you like.

No real point here. Just needed to ramble on a bit.. 🙂

I DESPISE Facebook – the end

hilldodger
    Free Member

You can adjust your FB settings so your likes & events aren’t public – that way your mates get the “click” but no-one except them/you know….

…I also think that some events/professional activities get a different FB status/ranking once they’re over a certain amount of “likes”

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I joined it way back in the beginning, an old bunny boiler got in contact within hours… I left for good.

joao3v16
    Free Member

ignore it and I feel like I’m being a bit mean

Anyone who’s offended by their FaceAche “friends” not liking their status/photo/whatever is a massive baby and needs to grow up

My wife and I share a FaceBook. Well, I say ‘share’. I never use it. In reality it may as well just be her account seeing as 99% of the ‘friends’ are hers 🙂

What I have noticed is that a lot of her ‘friends’ just post links that fall into one of two categories : ‘youtube clips I think are funny’ or ‘pictures I found in the internet that I think are funny’ … nothing original or informative from their own brain, just a load of links … what’s the point?

philconsequence
    Free Member

nobody will be offended, i ignore hundreds of them (half my ‘friend’ list is taken up by musicians and stuff)

still up for the 8th sept mr podpod? 😀

Gunz
    Free Member

I love Facebook, I never post, just look at all the sad c##p people post. Most of it seems to be notifications that they’ve reached level 7 in some sort of animal husbandry game, tragic (in fact right up there with mooching around on here).

stilltortoise
    Free Member

What I have noticed is that a lot of her ‘friends’ just post links that fall into one of two categories : ‘youtube clips I think are funny’ or ‘pictures I found in the internet that I think are funny’ … nothing original or informative from their own brain, just a load of links … what’s the point?

Sharing? You know, like in the old days when you heard a funny joke and you wanted to tell it to your friends. Facebook is the same but for non-Luddites 😉

I once tried posting something that I thought was genuinely interesting and informative, but no one was interested 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cynical??’ is closed to new replies.