Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • CycloX as a commuter
  • bakey

They have been now Surfr – that was straight out of the box…

Surfr
    Free Member

Well I never got it out of the little ring. 36:12 was more than adequate for the faster sections. I’m sure if you were a monster you could big ring it around but I stuck to prety much 1 gear for the hour.

rig
    Free Member

Well I never got it out of the little ring. 36:12 was more than adequate for the faster sections.

Thanks Surfr – that’s really useful to know. How did you get on apart from that?

Did you use SPDs? I’ve been advised not to, or at the very least, to loosen them off completely.

Many thanks.

Surfr
    Free Member

I wore SPDs and finished mid pack somewhere I think. Results aren’t up yet (aside from the prize winning positions). Mounting and dis-mounting only occured twice per lap and I managed to do both on the move without any practice. Not sure my method was an approved cyclocross mount/dismount but it worked for me.

Dismount: swing right leg over back of bike but keep left foot clipped in until you roll up to the obstacle then unclip and run.

Mount: run with bike on ground and hands on the tops of the bars, and just jump onto the pedals. Start peddling. Clip in when you can.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I ended up with a Cube, maybe not the prettiest in its class but a great spec and I’m very pleased with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘CycloX as a commuter’ is closed to new replies.