Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • cyclocross/commuter
  • cocker
    Free Member

Ive got choice of a couple of frames form a guy at work,that hes letting go cheap,just wondering on any pointers for a build that would be my commuter and winter bike,possible cyclocross?
    thanks

bails

What are the frames? For commuting and/or cx I’d want wide tyre clearance, mudguard and rack points and disc brakes.

lunge

Decide what you want firstly. A CX bike with steep angles, no rack mounts a high BB is not a great commuter bike.
    Equally a winter road bike/ commuter with guard mounts, lower BB and slacker angles won’t work off road.

Assuming you want the latter, SKS guards, Vredestein Senso Xtreme tyres and a 105 or Tiagra build is a good start point.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Just buy a Croix de Fer. That will do the job.

MarkE25

I’ve found my genesis vapour to be a great commuter (until it got totalled by a car last week)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Commuted on the same CX bike for nigh on 6 years now. In the right conditions, ie sunny, warm summer evenings coming home, it’s great.

But for the other 364 days, I’d kill for a flat barred bike with discs and decent volume tyres.

cocker
    Free Member

I think the frames are a cannondale caad ,and i think the other is a pinnacle but not sure which.hes selling to make room for new bike for Christmas.
    Use wouod be on/off road commute ,and may fancy a crack at cyclocross
    thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘cyclocross/commuter’ is closed to new replies.