Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cyclocross wheels question
  • coblck
    Free Member

Hi having just took delivery of my new caddX apex 1 cyclocross bike and fancy putting new wheels on it whats is the norm for cyclocross have a set of mavic kysrium disc wheels spare would be these be ok fitted or would they crumble first bit of fire road i go on. Can anyone recommend any decent wheels ?? Thanks in advance

DezB
    Free Member

mavic kysrium disc wheels

I’d trust mine to take a pounding. Ksyrium Allroads are a bit wider (and not quite as pretty)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Running Mavic Allroad’s on my Open. Nice wheelset – they also sound amazing 😮

simondbarnes

I run the same as I run on my mtb. When I used canti brakes I ran the same as on my road bike. Anything goes basically 🙂

coblck
    Free Member

Ok thanks guys like the look of the mavic all roads but don’t like the price.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i built myself a set of 32 spoke cxp33 rims with ultegra hubs for the last time i did the 3 peaks, 9 or 10 years ago, they are still going strong.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Recently got some Novatec CXD from wiggle for 320 quid. 1503g with tape and valves installed. Go up tubeless easy enough. Come with adapters for most axle standards. Know a couple of people who’ve hammered them for a race season and they’ve come through ok.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross wheels question’ is closed to new replies.