Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cyclocross wheels
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

I need some new wheels for my cyclocross bike, canti brakes.
    Was a new to me bike, all good but rims are dying and not worth rebuilding.

Mainly used for commuting and some off road, not racing etc. using 42 mm contis.

Cheer

benji
    Free Member

I’ve been bashing the hell out of numerous sets of Fulcrum Racing 7’s, reasonable money, and so far nice and tough, the only thing that is wearing is the rims, but with over 50 races on them, and some in terrible conditions don’t think this is too bad.

maximusmountain
    Free Member

I have been brutalising my open pros on 105 hubs,they are perfect, done many laps of dalby, a lot of general offroad and 3pcx, so are bloody bomb proof!

rossp
    Free Member

I’ve got some hopes on velocity a23’s for sale, looking for £170 posted. Hubs will last forever, and rims are nice and light! 32h to keep them bombproof!

john_l
    Free Member

If I didn’t already have some, I’d bite your arm off – great rims on bombproof hubs.

monksie
    Free Member

Ross. Do those wheels have disc hubs?

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Well i plumped for these; Fulcrum 5 CX wheels.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fulcrum-racing-5-cyclocross-wheelset-2014/rp-prod112080

Will report back if any one interested.

Any recoomendations on brake pads; got frogs legs cantis.

Cheers

rubymurry
    Free Member

I got a set of fulcrum Quattro from Merlin cycles really good price and I started using tektro 710 which were totally crap, just bought set of shim cx70 off here and they are brilliant!!! don’t get cheap canti’s you’ll be wasting your money

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross wheels’ is closed to new replies.