Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • cyclocross wheels
  • dobo
    Free Member

Thinking of building a cx bike or maybe an off the shelf cx like the tcx2 and upgrading the wheels.
    Whats the pro 2 & ztr 355 of the cyclocross world? what you using/want?

Dougal
    Free Member

Tough to see past something like a Mavic Kysrium Elite. Super strong, super reliable hubs, sealed spoke bed (tubeless with just a valve and some gunk). I think the cheaper Kysrium Equipe may also have the sealed spoke bed, not 100% sure on that though.

crazy-legs

I'm using Hope road hubs built onto Mavic Open Pro ceramics with DT duble butted spokes.
    Excellent wheels, light, strong and easy to replace bits should I accidently smash it into a rock.

Having said that, they've done the Three Peaks twice and survived everything with no problems.

aP
    Free Member

Campag Neutron clinchers, tempted by some new sprints though.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

105 on open pros is the sensible choice.

dobo
    Free Member

do many people use campag on cx bikes? whats the advantage? are most off the shelf bikes shimano?

aP
    Free Member

I use campag mostly because all my other bikes have campag and it makes life easier.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Deep section carbon Spinergy for me. Very fast, very, strong.

Like aP I use Campagnolo as I have it on all my bikes.

BB

Coleman
    Free Member

Another vote for Mavic Ksyrium Elites – as Dougal said, super strong, light and reliable.

Sits back and waits for Mavic hate mail to arrive!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

ultegra hubs on mavic cxp33, 32 spoke. bullet proof.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hope are doing a deep section, clincher, 20/24 ,straight pull set for £350 a pair.Light,strong,servicable and good money.Not available for another month tho….shiney new crosslight awaits impatiently.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

well if you don't get planetx wheels your mad px50 carbons,i have 5 sets….theyre brill,if you do one thing buy tubs or you have a real reason for being sh*t..
    Bruce

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘cyclocross wheels’ is closed to new replies.