Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Cyclist v cyclist
  • bruneep

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/video-footage-emerges-cyclist-kicked-bus-london-140574

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=JI0lZVdSMUU[/video]

aP
    Free Member

Interesting.
    Not seen that before.

SaxonRider

I feel really sorry for the victim. If that was me, I would be shaking with a mix of feelings afterward. And I’m not especially sensitive.

spawnofyorkshire

saw it on facebook a bit ago.
    The tit on the bmx tries undertaking the rider, gets cut off by the bus being there and takes offense.
    Little

seosamh77
    Free Member

bit of a riddy getting over took by a bmxer! 😆

project
    Free Member

BMX rider obviously obviously upset he cant afford a big big and still has to ride a childs bike

bigjim

That made me laugh quite a lot!

citizenlee
    Free Member

As I see it…

The BMXer tried to undertake – wrong
    The roadie tried to box him in – wrong
    The BMXer kicked his wheel – wrong

So, 2v1 to the BMXer, but both were in the wrong.

Also, I doubt the BMXers intention was to actually knock him under the bus, although alarmist headlines obviously generate more page clicks.

A simple “**** you” from both parties would have been sufficient.

martinhutch

This. I notice the roadie also tries the SMIDSY defence in the caption when the BMXer must have been alongside or in front of him on the left for some distance.

It’s a jungle out there.

MrNice
    Free Member

so the roadie should have swerved out in front of whatever vehicle is overtaking him because some fin de cloche is undertaking? I wouldn’t. The BMXer needs a good slap.

martinhutch

Well, another option is braking, but I wouldn’t dispute your last point.

citizenlee
    Free Member

Well, another option is braking, but I wouldn’t dispute your last point.

Pretty much this. You are allowed to slow down for others.

JCL
    Free Member

Self righteous cyclists shocker!

nickjb
    Free Member

The roadie was overtaking rucksackman, decided he couldn’t do it, then pulled back in to the space where bmxboy was (I presume without looking). Pretty bad riding from both of the, IMO. The kick was over the top though.

cookeaa

As I see it…

So, 2v1 to the BMXer, but both were in the wrong.

Also, I doubt the BMXers intention was to actually knock him under the bus, although alarmist headlines obviously generate more page clicks.

A simple “**** you” from both parties would have been sufficient.

I’d say the Roadie looks to have actually swung out to make space for the BMX who’s deliberately put himself up the inside of someone already trying to pass a Bus FFS…

Either way kicking away someone’s wheel is a proper Dick move no matter what…

Carry that mentality over to operating motorized transport and you’re looking at a prosecution, can’t see why this is would be any different, hope the Twunt is caught…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Looks like he brake-checks the BMX at 0.15?

aracer
    Free Member

So you know for sure that he’s lying about not looking in a direction nobody should have been appearing from?

martinhutch

If a motorist does it, he isn’t necessarily lying, just careless. And how long does a shoulder check take, anyhow?

aP
    Free Member

I’ve just watched that again with Swallows and Amazons on 4Extra. It was very surreal, particularly as it was the first sighting of Amazon….

nickjb
    Free Member

So you know for sure that he’s lying about not looking in a direction nobody should have been appearing from?

Obviously impossible to say whether he actually saw him but the bmx is almost an entire bike length in front of him. Pretty hard to not see him at all.

molgrips
    Free Member

If that were me I’d have chased him down and given him some feedback. You don’t get to knock cyclists off their bikes ever.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whatever the victim does or does not do it is all the fault of the dick trying to undertake who then , to put it mildly, over reacts,

aracer
    Free Member

So he’s careless for not spotting somebody coming up his inside where they shouldn’t be? You do realise that when motorists do it the issue is them not seeing people who actually have the right of way?

Do you routinely shoulder check left when you’re overtaking something?

aP
    Free Member

I’ve ridden in London for 20 years, I always make sure that I’m aware of what’s around me – both sides – when I cycle. I wouldn’t have allowed myself to be put in that situation, sometimes people need to realise that they’re not in a big metal box with the stereo turned up.

martinhutch

I wouldn’t have had to shoulder check in this instance. The BMX nobber was alongside or ahead. I’d hope I’d have the awareness to notice that.

Either way, as Junky puts it, prime fault rests with the BMXer, and roadie certainly did nothing to deserve a boot into his wheel. Nothing ever excuses that.

nickjb
    Free Member

Do you routinely shoulder check left when you’re overtaking something?

Yes. Do you pull in from overtaking manoeuvres without looking?

imnotverygood

The point is that by undertaking, the bmx forces the camera guy to swerve out into the traffic flow if he gives him space. I wouldn’t particularly want to do that on a busy road. I don’t really understand why the bmx doesn’t just slot in behind approaching the bus. Wait a moment. Yes I do.

aracer
    Free Member

He wasn’t pulling in from overtaking.

mudshark
    Free Member

Roadie did nothing wrong, BMXer is just a lout.

jamiep
    Free Member

Selective video editing by the roadie – at 0:01 he/she partially overtakes bmxer. I think bmxer is alongside roadie all the way (and roadie is perfectly aware of this)

Doesnt excuse the kick tho

ac282

+1

The roadie overtook the bmxer and didn’t make sure he was actually ahead before squeezing him out against the bus. Its really annoying when cars do that to me.

TheFlyingOx

Imagine roadie is actually a Chelsea Tractor and BMXer is still a BMXer.
    I’d imagine a few more would white knighting for the BMXer.

euans2
    Free Member

If that was a car driver everyone would have slated him for not seeing the biker who was undertaking on the inside.

IMO both were in the wrong! The roadie for not noticing the bmx on the inside and the bmx for undertaking and then the kick out. but like it’s been said, the kick is inexcusable!

If people didn’t undertake then they wouldn’t put themselves into situations like this!

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

This is what happens when you cross the beams and 2 knobs share the same space of road. Big brother Roadie is by far the superior being and can’t possibly share the road with the scum bmxer, so shoves him into side/back of bus. Retaliation was poor. Should of pwned him with a stunt peg.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Incredibly poor obs if roadie didn’t notice BMXer….

Edric64
    Free Member

I think the roadie has squeezed the toy bike rider towards the bus and brake checked him

bmike
    Free Member

I suspect that incident would look very different from the bmx riders position. The roadie started to overtake the bmx just as bmx was accelerating. They must have been side by side for a few seconds before the bmx pulled ahead. No way the roadie didn’t know he was there.

Both equally at fault IMO as neither of them were riding defensively – either of them could have taken evasive action and avoided the initial incident. bmx rider is a total dick for kicking though, it could so easily have ended much worse.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

While the rest of you argue the morals and circumstances of this incident, I would of been back my bike perusing the t**t on the BMX and dished out some rough justice.

wallop

I don’t give a shit what the roadie did or did not do. What the BMXer did was absolutely and completely unforgivable.

nickjb
    Free Member

Pretty convinced that what the roadie did was either deliberate or massively negligent now. Doesn’t excuse the reaction from bmx boy but roadie threw the first metaphorical punch even if bmx boy threw the first literal one.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist v cyclist’ is closed to new replies.