• This topic has 33 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Cyclist on the Pavement (Video)
  • shuhockey
    Free Member

Telegraph link!

Little kid run over by cyclist caught on CCTV. Idiot!

BoardinBob

Clown. No doubt someone will find the child was at fault!

munrobiker
    Free Member

find the child was at fault!

Both were- the parent should probably have a much closer eye on, or better be holding the hand of, the child near a road. The cyclist shouldn’t have been there.

footflaps

The cyclist shouldn’t have been there.

Doesn’t say in the article that it wasn’t also a cycle path. Loads of pavements in Cambridge are shared use, which is ultra confusing as it’s pretty random which are and which aren’t.

Gary_M
    Free Member

A young child was a victim of a hit-and-run incident when a cyclist peddled into her and dragged her face-down along a street.

Could have been a childs face. Oh hold on, too late.

peddled? What was the ‘cyclist’ selling?

DezB
    Free Member

cyclist peddled

Hmm. Should’ve stopped though, even if he was just trying to sell something. Moron.

mrchrispy

nope – cyclist 100% at fault

curto80
    Free Member

Um, yeah must be the mother/child’s fault – we all love a bit of victim blaming on here after all.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Wasn’t wearing a helmet either 👿

DezB
    Free Member

She gets caught in the pedals of the bike causing the cyclist to fall off.

He didn’t fall off! don’t they know we can see the video??

fasthaggis

Both were- the parent should probably have a much closer eye on, or better be holding the hand of, the child near a road. The cyclist shouldn’t have been there.

I can’t tell you how much fail is in that comment ,my fail meter just went off the scale 🙄

atlaz
    Free Member

Cyclist was an arsehole, no excuses for that on his part. As for getting up and abusing the parents I find that (literally) adding insult to injury given the parents seemed to be mostly (and quite rightly) concerned for picking their daughter off the ground and seeing what her injuries were.

I don’t think anyone would object to a charge of “Causing bodily harm by wanton or furious driving”. ****.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Child is walking across the pavement, what an idiot, why would parents encourage their child to do something so stupid. Child even stepped onto the pavement without looking left or right.

That child needs to be put into care for its own safety.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m not a parent but surely it’s good common sense to keep a very close eye on an under 4 near a road?

I very clearly stated the cyclist was also at fault, but everyone in that video is doing something wrong.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Children are involved in literally a LOT of accidents every year, I think the evidence speaks for itself and children should be banned from built up areas. Or at least not let out during daylight when there are real actual people doing things.

Gary_M
    Free Member

but everyone in that video is doing something wrong.

Father especially for wearing a wife beater. And I can’t see a single bit of cotton wool attached to the child.

But as you say munrobiker you’re not a parent, as a parent I found that I didn’t cling to my child every second of the day.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Cyclist was an arsehole, no excuses for that on his part.

Correct

but everyone in that video is doing something wrong.

Incorrect

The end

martinhutch

Here’s a pic of the gobby little t***.

We had twins and were constantly on alert for escape attempts at that age, but occasionally they made a moderately successful break for it. By the looks of it Dad was already after her and would have stopped her before the road.

Sounds like they’ve nicked him, hopefully he’ll be prosecuted.

Slight meltdown among the comments section from the folk who would normally order us off the roads onto the pavements…

munrobiker
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT9YDBShzZs[/video]

Gary- you might well not cling to your child all day every day, but do you tell them to hold your hand by a road? I suspect most parents probably do.

Gary_M
    Free Member

but do you tell them to hold your hand by a road?

Yes but the child in this case wasn’t by the road. They were traveling the short distance betwixt front gate and car. And I guess they didn’t expect some **** idiot to hurtle along on a bike out of control.

globalti
    Free Member

Not bein’ funny, like, but why have the parents got CCTV on the house? Maybe this was a new variation on cash for crash?

(Before anybody flames me, this is a joke, okay? A JOKE!)

PJM1974
    Free Member

If that pavement was indeed shared space then the cyclist should have been travelling at a more appropriate speed.

Also, those on here who can seriously add “but the parents are at fault too for not focussing on the child 100%” seem to have either contracted a case of unfunny, or are suffering from Belm.

mjsmke

The cyclist was in the wrong. But the child looked like she was about to run out in the road with lots of cars. It could have been a car that hit her. This incident was not the parents fault but hopefully they will take more care to prevent another accident.

PJM1974
    Free Member

*facepalms*

skids
    Free Member

he was going way to fast for riding on the pavement

martinhutch

Not bein’ funny, like, but why have the parents got CCTV on the house?

It’s in Blackpool.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not bein’ funny, like, but why have the parents got CCTV on the house

The prior owner of my previous house had put up CCTV. It was a result of him being stabbed in the chest by someone coming to the front door of his apartment years before. Some people like the security element of it. Perhaps they have had issues with people steeling stuff from their car

wrecker
    Free Member

Are there any parents that would not be furious not just at having their small child knocked over on the pavement but then also to get verbals by the perpetrator?
    Well done to the dad for keeping a lid on it, I’m sure many wouldn’t.
    I hope the cyclist is punished appropriately.

cookeaa

This is part of the reason I don’t use pavements for cycling, painted white lines or not, they are for pedestrians really, and I would be mortified if I hit anyone, adult or child with my bike like that, it’s a vehicle use it on the road FFS!…

The prick on bicycle (not sure he deserves the title “Cyclist”) was 100% in the wrong, I hope the little girl recovers fully, and the police track down and have a strong word with the bloke, you simply shouldn’t leave the scene like that surely? is he open to charges?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

But the child looked like she was about to run out in the road with lots of cars.

He actually probably saved her life…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

You only have to look at what the partner is wearing to consider that having cctv is probably normal for that area…

No way is that a shared cycle path, being that close to the fronts of the houses. Even if it is he was cycling furiously at that speed, considering the hazards. And if it is, it shouldn’t be.

ninfan
    Free Member

What’s that blue sign By the green light in the photo above?

Is that the start of a shared pavement?

Regardless, standard response, cyclists wouldn’t ride on the pavement if the roads were safe… Doesn’t excuse it or excuse him being a **** of the highest order though.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

From our local Gazette – “The shocking incident comes following a number of campaigns in Blackpool around the issue of cyclists illegally riding on the pavement.

In December last year police launched a major clampdown on the practice amid growing fears over pedestrian safety.”

Part of that initiative was to send those they caught to my Bikeability sessions – unsurprisingly, I have never had any Naughty Boys or Girls attend…

DezB
    Free Member

If that pavement was indeed shared space then the cyclist should have been travelling at a more appropriate speed.

If that pavement is a shared space then the council are at fault and should be sued.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Cyclist on the Pavement (Video)’ is closed to new replies.