Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cycling on a hangover…
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

…is shite.!

Went out last night for a “couple” and ended up getting smashed and eating my own body weight in curry. The girlfriend then dragged my hungover ass off the sofa and out for a 15+ mile road/off road blast. Possibly the best way of curing a hangover but not very pleasant. My legs were like lumps of lead and it felt like my heart was trying to pump syrup through my veins.

Now back to the sofa with a munch.

wallop

I bet you stink of curry now too.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I concur 😉

Oddly I’ve set a few PBs in the gym with hangovers. I have no idea how that works.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m trying to build up the motivation to get out on my bike before it gets dark or rains again. Sleeping in your car after a big night is not good 🙁

Markie
    Free Member

Oddly I’ve set a few PBs in the gym with hangovers. I have no idea how that works.

carbo loading? 😀

Zoolander
    Free Member

I concur – wasn’t pleasant this morning. Picked up a bit after the headache subsided but couldn’t engage brain on anything even remotely technical . Bad planning – a big ride after a big night 🙁

atlaz
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    I’m trying to build up the motivation to get out on my bike before it gets dark or rains again. Sleeping in your car after a big night is not good

Want to be careful with that. If the police find you in the car you can, and most likely will, be charged with being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle.

_tom_
    Free Member

Want to be careful with that. If the police find you in the car you can, and most likely will, be charged with being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle.

Really? I do remember seeing a police car going past but no idea whether they saw me. I wasn’t in the drivers seat if that makes any difference. Anyway it wasn’t comfortable enough to do it again, I’d rather pay up for a travelodge next time 😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Whenever I sleep in the car after a night drinking, I put my car keys in the boot or on the front tire. Got told that the cops can see you have no intent to drive the thing so they’ll leave you be.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Yeah they can do you for being in charge of a motor vehicle. One of my mates says he got done taking his jacket out his driver seat but seeing as he was always driving drunk I never quiet believed it.

If you have to sleep in your car drunk make sure you’re nowhere near the driver seat, possibly putting something on it showing you’re not intending to drive and leave the keys in a bag or well hidden away. Should be ok unless the cop is in a really bad mood!

Not sure what the deal is legally with campervans…

wrightyson
    Free Member

I will never forget the first run down inners uplift day on the saturday after we’d arrived in scotchland on the Friday and rode glentress. Went to the pub after in Peebles for a few and “got carried away”. I swear I backed every corner in the whole way down as I just had no control. As I scooted across the road into the car park I was strangely sober and looked like this 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cycling on a hangover…’ is closed to new replies.