Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cycling kit/accessories for a 6 Year old Girl?
  • cookeaa

My Eldest daughter has gotten into bike riding, she actually described “going for a bike ride with Daddy” as her favourite activity the other day (Yes I did well up a bit)…

With Christmas looming and a keen desire to encourage her away from all the other shite targeted at her age/gender this time of year, the SO has tasked me with getting her some decent bike related kit for Christmas…

Where the fudge does one buy decent riding kit for a six year old girl then?

Recommendations please?

honourablegeorge

Aldi/Lidl ski base layers and rain jackets for kids.

You can spend loads more, but it won’t fit her in six months

martinhutch

Can’t go wrong with decent gloves and a ‘cool’ helmet, TBH.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

As always Decathlon.

MoreCashThanDash

Aldi, Decathlon, Polaris, Dare2Be, Altura all places to start, depending on your budget.

Outdoorsy/running kit rather than cycling kit may be better for the winter – my kids had/have a warm pair of Altura leggings, but Ron Hill used to do kids sized leggings as well.

Decathlon skiing base layers are stupid cheap and warm for winter riding, simple windproof/showerproof jacket. Their skiing gloves – or maybe just liner gloves inside normal cycling gloves – might be useful.

Remember – she will probably have grown out of any kit by the spring.

If she is really keen, is there a kids skills course – maybe with a local cycling club – she could have a go at?

LittleMissMC has her heart set on a new helmet for Christmas. But not the one I wanted to get her….. 🙄 👿

hammerite
    Free Member

Isla used to do kids clothes, not needed to look for a while, but they possibly still do. Jnr loved the idea of having his own bib shorts, arm warmers, leg warmers, mitts etc… The kit is decent quality too.

Travis

My little boy loves his Trek cycling top.
    Also, as above, Decathlon for base layers.
    Uniglo is also very good for base layers too.

JoeG
    Free Member

paladin
    MoreCashThanDash

Frog Bikes do some kids stuff – the Hornet light/horn thingy looks great if you have the mind of a six year old

cookeaa

As I suspected really decathlon for the basics, she already has a lid and mitts from there, the Islabike bibs look like a good call too actually, didn’t think to see if they did clothing before…

Cheers all…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cycling kit/accessories for a 6 Year old Girl?’ is closed to new replies.