Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • cycling in Cyprus
  • crapjumper
    Free Member

I’m off to Cyprus in August with the wife and 2 rugrats . We’re there for a fortnight in a nice big villa ( coral bay which I’ve been told isn’t far from paphos ) and was just thinking about taking a full susser or hiring one there . The places I like to ride are llandegla / whinlatter or gisburn so does anyone have any first hand experience or advice . Thanks

crapjumper
    Free Member

Come on ! Don’t be shy now

stoddys
    Free Member

I’ve lived here for over 9 years, august is blooming hot and humid. I stop riding from the end of July till mid September.

But if you can handle it the riding is different here, very rocky, loose type. I had lots of snake bites till I went tubeless.

You can hire bikes here, a quick google search will bring a few.
    I live in paphos but if you go west from coral bay it takes you to the akamas, you can do a coast ride to polis and meet the family for a lift home.

This is a trail web site it’s not bad, I just look at google earth and ride.
    http://www.wikiloc.com/trails/outdoor/cyprus

Any other questions pm me. My email is in my profile.

Stoddy

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Personal recommendation for Al and Kirsty.

http://www.mountainbikecyprus.com/Mountainbike_Cyprus_2012/Mountain_Intro.html

Top, top people. Would recommend a guide, as it can be very hit and miss with where to go, and local maps are rubbish to non-existent. Plus they have decent bikes you can hire, instead of taking your own. It’s not too bad taking your own gear when you’re on your tod, but a major headache when you’ve got 2 kids and a wife in tow.

Nothing majorly difficult, but lots of rocky hills to blast down. Plus getting an uplift for a day will be welcome, as it will VERY hot in August. Not to mention, actually getting to the Troodos fro Paphos is a bit of a trek, so they will come and pick you up and then drop you off back at your hotel.

Food for thought.

crapjumper
    Free Member

Cheers fellas , thank you

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Oh and sun block lots of it too

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘cycling in Cyprus’ is closed to new replies.