• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cycling glasses for a big headed freak? Recommendations please.
  • fbk
    Free Member

Right then. I've never really got on with wearing glasses for cycling. Aside from the visual impairment (riding into dark woodland with shades on etc) my main reason has been I struggle to find any that fit me. Unfortunately, not only do I have a rather large noggin but a broad bridge of my nose. This results in glasses that sit far too high on my face, leaving a gap under the eyes for wind to gush in and making them look stupid!

The only "normal" oakleys I've ever got to fit just right are my "Big Square Wires" – I've yet to find some sports ones that fit comfortably.

So, has anyone else had the same experience and can recommend me something to try. Ideally one with the option of an amber lens.

Ta 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

I also struggle to get sunnies that fit properly (wide head so they don't sit on the bridge of my nose and just shake up and down).

I got a pair of Ryders last year, think the model is the Bubba, for about £40 from a sports shop in Norwich they come up really wide.

http://www.ryderseyewear.com/eyewear/adrenaline_sunglasses_essential_bubba/view.ashx

and i recently got some BBB's from my LBs for £20 which are not quite as wide but more so than most "normal" sunnies.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I too have a gargantuan heed, and the best glasses I've found are Madison D'Arcs, which are cheap, tough/bendy, and come with three lenses. They won't win any fashion prizes, but they don't mist up too badly, or foul my eyebrows, and they keep the crap outta my eyes.
    🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member
    fbk
    Free Member

Peterpoddy – Funny you should mention the Madisons – I found a pair at Penmachno a couple of weeks ago. When no-one clained them I tried them on and was suprised to find they did fit reasonably well – I think it's the very soft bridge pad 🙂 .

That was actually the trigger for this thread as I was wondering if there were any alternatives around (not wanting to be a fashion snob/victim at all – it would be nice to get some with better lenses 😉 )

edit – in fact, looking at that link you posted, I think I had a set of those about 15 years ago 😯 . They were the last glasses I bought – must've been around for AGES!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh, I can remember D'arcs coming out in the early/mid 90s when I first started riding! Got to be 15 years old, that design, and IIRC they're cheaper now than when they came out!

doof_doof
    Free Member

Spesh El Toro Adaptalite.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Adidas sunnies come in normal and wide sizes.

fbk
    Free Member

Adidas sunnies come in normal and wide sizes

Really? Interesting – I'll have a look and see what's about. Cheers 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Blimey Neil – you gettin' with the times then 😉 Its all that Darksiding isn't it 😉

fbk
    Free Member

Well, it's funny you should mention that but yes – it is mainly for the black stuff. It's amazing how much better you can see when your eyes aren't streaming or being bombarded with flies 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cycling glasses for a big headed freak? Recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.