Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cycling Footwear
  • covestiff2016
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    Just out of interest what are people wearing on there feet for mtb ?
    I need some new foot wear and cant decide what to get really ?

Thanks
    Tom

lunge

I’m a disco slippers kind of guy and currently use some Specialized S-Works shoes from a few years back. They are very stiff indeed, I like this but that clearly won’t appeal to everyone.

whitestone
    Free Member

Walk into a shop and try things on. It doesn’t matter what anyone else is wearing, if they don’t fit your feet then there’s no point in using them.

Some brands/models might be more/less suitable but beyond that it’s just see what works for you.

thomthumb
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNua1lFDuDI[/video]

daern
    Free Member

Personally, I have two pairs that I used for the majority of rides (both SPD):

Shimano M200 for summer use
    Northwave Celcius 2 for winter use

From late October onwards, I swap shoes and it’s rare for me to use the winter boots in the summer or vice versa. I can recommend both as being good “wear every day” sort of shoes – as comfy as an old pair of slippers 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

Disco slippers for racing. Shimano ones, they fit my feet. The XC51N if I remember.

General riding just some trainers. Flatish tread, stiffish sole. Just went to see what was in the local sports shop. Never bothered with specific flat pedal shoes and never felt it a hindrance.

Gunz
    Free Member

Specialized Rime, stiff enough and really comfy, bit of a revelation after years of plank-stiff disco slippers.

colournoise

(Flat pedals).

O Neal Trigger for most of my riding. Closest feel/fit to my old Vans Gravels and I like the little bit of ankle support/protection. An old, scruffy pair of FiveTen Freeriders when the O Neals are wet, etc.

Also have a pair of the Shimano MTB/walking boot hybrids. Bought for winter riding but rarely get a run out these days.

matt_outandabout

Shimano M089 or Lake winter boots

(SPD user)

RoterStern
    Free Member

Also a disco slipper wearer here. Currently wearing the Specialized mtb expert shoe in red. I tried the Sworks one but they are too narrow for my plates of meat. For the winter I’ve got a pair of Shimano winter boots.

Garry_Lager

Shimano cyclocross shoes for everything apart from time trialling – XC51Ns that jonba mentioned above. V comfy – available for £60 at evans at the moment as I’ve just bought a new pair. Use overshoes with them in the winter.

They’re not super durable – I go through a pair every two years or less, but I do also wear them every day for commuting.

Simon

Five Ten Freeriders

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Td3ftngtmw[/video]

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Mostly 5-10’s, as I ride flats.

On the rare occasions I do clip in, Spec 2fO cliplites.

edhornby

Merlin own brand SPD shoes for commuting, just switched to flats and haven’t decided what to wear ,will dig an old pair of cons out of the cupboard.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cycling Footwear’ is closed to new replies.