Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cyclescheme question
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

MrsPP had had 2 bikes on Bike2Work, both from Halfords, no bother.

Now she fancies another. (Well, it's rude not to IMO!) Possibly something like a Charge or Genesis SS that we can share. ( 8) )

Thing is, her company now do Cyclescheme, and a quick Google shows the Cyclescheme shops in our area don't stock those brands. (I'll have a ring round though) It's a bit of a killer because the new Boardmans are cracking bikes….!

I was wondering if it's possible to mail order from a shop that does? Anybody done it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh, does anybody else do a nice full build SS for around the £600 mark?

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/stockists/

find your nearest dealer and call them to see whether they will do cycle to work, I can't see why there should be any problems as many of the mail order do Cycle Schemes.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've tried that. It's hard work finding a dealer who does the bike and the scheme….. Lots of cross referencing required!

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Charge Duster SS for £480 at Wiggle, and similar prices elsewhere?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, looked at the Duster, Dave, the Genesis looks a bit nicer, but I'll have another look. Wiggle do Cyclescheme than I take it?

geoffj

Genesis come from Madison. Virtually any LBS will have a Madison account. Therefore virtually any LBS that does cyclescheme will be able to get you a Genesis iO. You may have to tell them where they come from though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Geoff, thanks for the info. I've just discovered an LBS that stocks them actually.. 🙂

orangeboy
    Free Member

Madison will not supply the bikes to you just because you have an account you need to sign up for the bikes as a special thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cyclescheme question’ is closed to new replies.