Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cyclescheme question
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

We have 5 SS's (2 Dawes Edge One's and 3 Genesis iO's) at work for getting around the site. Is there any way the company can use Cyclesheme to buy replacements at a discount as the current ones are starting to get a bit ropey.
    Secondly any ideas for replacements, aluminium frames (the iO's are rusting quite badly), disc brakes (the Dawes have V's and they're nothing but trouble), must be SS (flat site, no need for gears and the extra maintenance that goes with them).

druidh
    Free Member

If they're being used for business purposes then Cyclescheme isn't really what you're after. They should be bought as a business expense and written off accordingly.

geoffj

I suppose in theory they could get employees to sign up for the scheme, pay them the extra to cover the lease agreement and then refuse to sell them to the employee at the end. The bike could stay on site and would remain the property of the company anyway. There are probably more tax efficient ways of doing it though I would have thought.

There must be some alu ss frames, but I'd stick with iOs and waxoyl them.

Dibbs
    Free Member

They should be bought as a business expense and written off accordingly.

That makes sense, thanks. Now I just have to find the right bikes and someone with a budget 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

As onion says, the company should buy them as an asset and depreciate them accordingly.

The cyclescheme prolly isn't the correct way.

Dibbs
    Free Member

but I'd stick with iOs and waxoyl them.

The Dawes are twice the age of the iO's but you'd never believe it if you saw them, all the bikes get abused 24hrs a day 365 days a year and no-one takes responsibility for maintenance apart from me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cyclescheme question’ is closed to new replies.