Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cyclescheme: end of hire period
  • andeh

First time C2Wer and my Cyclescheme hire period is at an end, and I now have to make a choice about what to do with the bike.

Normally, I would probably take the extended hire option with the minimal deposit, however I’m unsure how my plans over the next few years will impact this, as it’s another 4 years on the agreement. Next Autumn we are planning on moving Canada, obviously leaving the job I currently have, and starting fresh. Does anyone have any idea how this would pan out?

The other option is pay what the bike is worth, as decided by my employer. What sort of figure will this be? The figure on the headline was £250, but it says it is ultimately decided by the employer, so I’m unsure what that would be.

Bike is a Cotic Escapade, if the price makes any difference.
    Thanks

joemmo
    Free Member

Only your employer can tell you what they will charge you – have you asked them? Hard to make a decision until you know that.

andeh

Market value is judged at 25% according to Cyclescheme.

The main question is if moving abroad will have any effect on the extended hire agreement. I understand that Cyclescheme own the bike, so my agreement is with them, but no idea about the implications of moving.

jimdubleyou

but no idea about the implications of moving

No longer employer by firm = no longer able to rent the bike from firm.

https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/help/faqs/end-of-hire

However, if you’re in the extended hire period, I doubt if anybody will GAS if you just take it with you.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

However, if you’re in the extended hire period, I doubt if anybody will GAS if you just take it with you.

This. Pay the minimum amount, and move on, you’ll never hear anything again, even if you stayed in this country.

andeh

I’d be a year into the extended hire when we move. I guess there’s no money changing hands during that period, and I’d still be using it for commuting 🙄

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Go for it.

j4mie
    Free Member

I got my bike through Cyclescheme. Paid £70 to extend it for an extra 3 years which finished in April, I never heard a thing from them again after paying the £70 so I’d say you’d be fine.

northerntom
    Free Member

I got one on the cycle scheme in October 2015. Left that employer in June 16, haven’t heard a thing since.

Just take it, it’s a nice bike which will likely always have a use so a waste of money giving it back.

daver27
    Free Member

as far as i am aware its an extended hire period with zero rental cost, at the end of that time you just transfer ownership to yourself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cyclescheme: end of hire period’ is closed to new replies.