Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • cycleops fluid2 trainer & rear axle config's?
  • vikingboy
    Free Member

Just curious and cant see anything in the online stuff about the use of turbo trainers from Cycleops like the fluid2 which clarifies what axle configs work with them.
    Currently have a frame that can run a 135xQR or 10mm bolt through but potentially moving to a new frame with a 135/142x12mm maxle config.

Will the fluid2 work with my current frame?

Will the fluid2 work with a rear maxle axle?

And finally, with the fluid2, will I be able to generate enough meaningful resistance with my 36×11-36 gear configuration for a meaningful spinning session?

Was going to buy a stationary bike but really dont want to make the room for one, just too much space lost to it so was hoping ot be able to use a less space consuming version and my existing MTB.

thanks

thanks in adv
    Ian

chameleon78
    Free Member

if its anything like my tacx sirius there is an adjustable thread which allows a good 2 inches of adjustment so I’d say it’d be fine.

Twodogs

yes it will work with your current frame – Cyclops provide a QR skewer for use on their turbos, which is has shaped metal ends to fit into the clamps (some ordinary skewers might fit anyway). I don’t know for sure but I doubt it would work with a maxle.

yes, you will be able to generate enough resistance

jedi

i always used a tacyx electro magnetic trainer. i could fit any axel in there

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a cyclops MAG (same frame, different resistance unit) its fits over a shimano QR, so anything shaped like that will be fine.

36-11 (and geared down by the smaller 26″ wheel as well isn’t much, on a road ride I spend 70%+ of the time in the 38t ring, on the turbo I’m usualy in 52-18 or above.

I’d suggest a cheep road bike, plenty arround on ebay, if its not steel and convertible to a fixie they seem to have no value.

vikingboy
    Free Member

cheers guys….
    Jedi – can you post a link to the one Tacx one you use? Interested to see its mounting options….thx!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘cycleops fluid2 trainer & rear axle config's?’ is closed to new replies.