• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cycle transport FAIL
  • aracer
    Free Member

Took micro-aracer to music group in the bike trailer this morning. Unfortunately I’d given mrs aracer the key to the lock I used (as she’d lost her whole bunch of keys), resulting in an extra trip in the car to pick up the bike and trailer. At least micro-aracer enjoyed the trip home on the bus.

Anybody got any similar stories to make me feel a little less stupid?

edlong
    Free Member

Cycled to work.

Had phone call from wife “Where have you left the car keys?”

Cycled home with car keys.

Cycled back to work.

mattjg
    Free Member

Pushed littl’un to nursery in the buggy (1 3/4 miles).

Left her there in the buggy as she was asleep when we arrived.

Walked home.

Walked back to nursery to get house keys from buggy.

Walked home.

mrmo
    Free Member

i remember someone driving from cheltenham to Coed y Brenin and forgetting the keys to the roof rack.

D0NK

Went for a ride with mate he didn’t have pockets or a bag so I stuck his car keys in my bag. Had a prolonged sitdown and a rest at the highest furthest point form anywhere. Finished ride got to car, “erm where’s my bag?” took it off at that stop, cue call to mate’s family and my family, my mum went to his house got the spare keys and dropped them off to us, we drove to nearest carpark to the big hill and my mate ran to the top to collect bag and keys while I waited in car feeling like a prize plum

(quickest route was unrideable, I can’t run anyway and had fried my legs riding mate is a mentalist and decent runner)

richmtb

i remember someone driving from cheltenham to Coed y Brenin and forgetting the keys to the roof rack.

Glasgow to Glentress but yes I’ve done the same thing.

I’ve cycled home from work without my house keys once as well. Glad it was a nice evening when I did it

white101

As part of a week away with as much riding as possible in it I planned a trip to Dalbeatie with a couple of stops along the way. Went to kielder with 2 bikes on the roof rack, did the newest red and met the Mrs and Jnr back at the car after there ride,got packed up and went off to Newcastleton where we were stopping for the night, the plan to ride there in the morning and head for 2 days in Wigwams at Dalbeatie.
    Got to The Grapes in Newcastleton to find I’d left the only bike rack keys in the lock on leaving Kielder Castle carpark.

If anybody ever finds them emails in profile……

BenjiM

Cycled to work.

Had phone call from wife “Where have you left the car keys?”

Cycled home with car keys.

Cycled back to work.

Done this but with both our sets of keys 🙁

texas
    Free Member

Went riding at haldon after work. Packed bike up and went to parents (where I was then living) didn’t take bike out. Went to work next day, then off to haldon on way home… Couldn’t find front wheel anywhere… Must have left it on the hill by my car the previous day… 🙁

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Went to collect 2 new bikes from bike shop 20 miles away. Key to roof mounted cycle carriers on the other set of car keys!

I walk to the baths each morning for my swim, about a mile or so. One morning I dropped the wife at the station and drove to the baths. Then walked home thinking ” why do I have the car keys in my pocket, I never take them with to the baths…..”. I realised when I turned the corner to the house 🙂

jekkyl

me and my mate went to Cannock one saturday, we live a few miles apart so travelled seperately. When we got there he opened the back door of his van to find he had forgotten his bike! left it in the back garden cleaning it the previous day. He lives an hour away so went back to get it while I rode the dog and had a brew and then we both did the monkey.

D0NK

Must have left it on the hill by my car the previous day…

riding down a road in the lakes, saw a guy get in his car and drive off, as I got to the spot I saw his front wheel at the side of the road, fortunately he was just turning around, as he drove back I waved his wheel at him, lucky for him eh? 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cycle transport FAIL’ is closed to new replies.