Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycle touring 3days alpkit koala and rucksack?
  • seifahmad
    Free Member

I am looking at a 3 day cycle tour on my cx bike. Will a combination of an alpkit koala and an osprey hydration pack be enough space to carry all i need? Looking at B and B overnight. Thankyou. Averaging about 70miles day.

whitestone
    Free Member

That’s a piece of string question 🙄 The “trick” is to work out what you need not what you want.

We’ve done a week’s B&B based touring around the Western Isles with just saddlebags that are just slightly bigger than the Koala. Obviously the weather can have a big effect on what you take but use the facilities at the B&B to help you.

dave661350

Ample. B and B will have towel and toiletries so all you’ll need are one set of clothes for the 2 evenings off the bike. I imagine with a quick phone call you’ll suss out that the B and B will also be able to rinse your cycle kit and dry it for morning so no need for 2 sets/spare shorts

scotroutes

Wash kit in sink. Wring profusely. Wrap in dry bath towel and wring again. Hang up to dry. Do this as soon as you get into your room and it’ll be dry the following morning.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Easy. Leave the pack at home just use the saddle pack

gonetothehills
    Free Member

What scotroutes says. I use a Koala, small frame bag and small bar bag for 4/5 day b&b tours. Riding in shoes you can walk in helps remove a big bit of bulk, work out what you don’t need, as mentioned above, consider another easy access bag for the bike and you’ll be fine without the backpack. Have fun!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycle touring 3days alpkit koala and rucksack?’ is closed to new replies.