• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mdb.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • cycle to work bike choice…
  • aw
    Free Member

Well it was too good to miss for the £1000 bike voucher and only pay just over £550 and that was in 12 installments. Thing was I dont really need a bike. so i opted for Evans vouchers because the LBS was an evans partner. They are a Giant and Cube stockist. On my first visit I wanted to talk singlespeed options but very little on stock not for £1000 anyway.

The sales assistant tried to guide me down another carbon road bike (already have the boardman team carbon on previous scheme) namely a giant TCR for £2k meaning throwing in a grand of my own money.

Not sure whether I should go for a new MTB, a hybrid (good spec one), a singlespeed and buy a bucket load of gear or over the top carbon road bike.

any suggestions… ?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

It never really that much of a saving.

I will be saving about £220 on my Whyte 805. Not to be sniffed at but not quite what the figures would have you believe considering it was a £900 bike.

aw
    Free Member

I saw a cool hybrid/road bike carbon frame with drops today…Oreo or something like that?

rkk01
    Free Member

Not worth doing now, surely???

Last year’s changes to final value etc.

When does the VAT change get applied – I know they were talking about Jan 12, but is that for schemes starting after or finishing after…

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Definitely not worth doing with the HMRC changes.

Harry_the_Spider

£1000 bike voucher and only pay just over £550 and that was in 12 installments.

Is that all? You not going to get hit for a lump sum if you want to keep it?

druidh
    Free Member

I reckon we’ll be seeing a “c2w sucks” thread in a few months when the truth has dawned.

foxyrider
    Free Member

He wont if he enters an “The Extended Use Agreement “?

timmys

I don’t think the whole thing being knackered is quite true is it? Cyclescheme are the biggest providers (I would guess?) and they just do an extended use agreement thing so I didn’t up paying a larger final payment in the end than previously.

TiRed

if it is relatively flat, get a kona paddy waggon and some nice panniers. if it is hilly, a genesis day one alfine. i commute fixed on my paddy waggon and it is a great ride.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

The extended use agreement is for up to four years…
    That’s four years where you DON’T own the bike, and it’s your responsibility.

cozz
    Free Member

id get a genesis day one, think it would be a good bike to add to a stable of others

mdb
    Free Member

AW – why don’t you get the bike from Evans if your LBS hasn’t got a good choice?

Evans own Ride2Work scheme does something similar to Cyclescheme with an extended use agreement. Its a no-brainer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘cycle to work bike choice…’ is closed to new replies.