Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Cycle Show 2011 – Worth going?
  • matt23
    Free Member

Went on Saturday and was disappointed from an MTB’er POV……..no big brands to speak off but did like the Scott Scale FS @ TriBikes for £3.5K was tempted! Saw some stunning custom bikes and fixies but the shop area was awful.

The one highlight was speaking to the smaller companies and also getting to test out a few turbo trainers (took part in the Trax challenge on their stand and posted 1.39 and then watched a roadie who said he could knock 5seconds off that easily blow out at 1.52 (snigger)).

Seriously hope that it improves otherwise it is not worth the hassle and possibly missing out on one of the best days riding in the year 🙁

Loved the single track stand and having seen my first Surly bike in the flesh I did like it!

mcboo
    Free Member

Is it the same set-up as the ones that we’ve had at Earls Court and Docklands? I’ve been a few times with my kids but to be honest they are always rubbish, for roadies or otherwise.

jxc90
    Free Member

Interesting day out ~ well done to all that participated to make the show it’s a big effort when the weather was so good outside.
    I would like to see more trader stall holders actually selling bike gear and spares but did manage to pick up myself a very neat little rear view mirror from Bike Eye that will come in handy, but feel it could have been an big opportunity missed for those who didn’t get involved there were plenty of big companies that weren’t represented though which was puzzling considering it’s consumer draw.
    A huge thanks to Singletrack for the ticket offer and also those operating the bike trials which was also great fun and also not forgetting the stunt riders who put on a daring show and took a few bruises for our entertainment ~ On the whole Well done

shanta
    Free Member

Went yesterday. Money down the drain from an MTBers point of view totally roadie orientated. Wont bother again, i could have been out riding instead.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Went along Sunday, chatted to Campag, had a look at some sweet Colnago’s and the awesome bikes on the Sigma stand featuring a sweet Seven cross bike. Had a good look round and was even saved from putting my foot in looking at the Campag electronic on the pinarello stand! All in a good few hours!

iain1775
    Free Member

That seven crosser was nice, as was some of the bikes on the condor stand (the orange one) and I liked the prototype USE cross disc adapter, much tidier than the hope or trp ones
    Rest was a disappointment but for £11 it passed a morning I suppose

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Show 2011 – Worth going?’ is closed to new replies.