Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cycle Scheme order, would they change my tyres? Is it worth it? Ribble Cycles.
  • dandax1990
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Ribble before.

I ordered my bike the start of this month and received the eCertificate yesterday.

The bike is specced with a Mavic Aksium WTS with 23mm tyres but having read a few threads on other forums a few people have said, although only an extra 2mms, for a first time rode bike I’d be better off with 25mm tyres?

Is it worth asking them if they can do this or is the difference minimal? If any?

brakes
    Free Member

they were pretty infexible when I ordered my bike, but I ordered one of the ‘special editions’ with a reduced spec list and options.
    very good at responding to emails though IME.

to be fair though, if it’s your first road bike I doubt you’d notice the difference.

dandax1990
    Free Member

The 23 and 25mm Aksium WTS’s are the same price so, if it’s actually worth the change, I can’t see why not?

taxi25
    Free Member

Try asking them. If not buy a pair of 25’s abd sell on the unused 23’s.

wiggles
    Free Member

Might do it but will probably cost you. As they can’t sell the tyres they take off as new so usually you just get both.

TiRed

Did you order Aksium wheels? If so the tyre may have come with them and they will be reluctant to change. If not, ask away. In fact ask for Yksion Pros in 25c, a much nicer tyre.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Scheme order, would they change my tyres? Is it worth it? Ribble Cycles.’ is closed to new replies.