Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cycle routes to the NEC bike show.
  • naffa
    Free Member

Just wondering what cycle routes/canals there are from B’ham broad st to the NEC?
    Might mtb ride there instead of taking the car at the end of the month.

Thanks Nathan

mattmbk
    Free Member

We cycled from Wolverhampton on the canals but couldn’t link anywhere that got us close without swapping onto local roads, we did it on cx bikes which were perfect for the job. The parking organisation is really sorted but we did take locks just to be on the safe side.

naffa
    Free Member

I’m going from Tipton so would be interested to know which routes you took from Broad st basin if you can recall it.

mattmbk
    Free Member

We had to come up into the city centre due to the towpaths being blocked but picked up another towpath. I’ll ask my map maestro where we got back on!

mattmbk
    Free Member

The towpath we picked up was in Digbeth right on the edge of China Town. When you get to the NEC try and approach it from a clockwise direction or you end up on a busy dual carriageway.

naffa
    Free Member

Ok ta mate, I know the cut @ Digbeth. I think theres fencing preventing the use of the towpath but I’ll find my way around it I’m sure.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

This is fortuitous i was wondering about cycle and train to the NEC, i was thinking of going from new street via the grand union and would appreciate a local opinion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cycle routes to the NEC bike show.’ is closed to new replies.