• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by aP.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Cycle challenges
  • novaswift
    Free Member

Thinking about doing a charity cycle next year for Macmillan cancer care. Have had a look at several organised events next year but sadly a fair chunk of the money raised gets swallowed up in costs. Has anyone had experience of doing a charity cycle with just the help of family, friends etc? Maybe it’s just my imagination running riot but I’d like to do something.

Dibbs
    Free Member

A group of mates (some of them post on here) are currently riding John O Groats to Lands End as a relay for Cancer Research (target 72 hours) https://www.facebook.com/events/420474501343479/

novaswift
    Free Member

Dibbs just had a look some effort even the silverfish rep turned up!

aP
    Free Member

I’m riding the Etape Pennines next weekend and am raising money for nico35, in memory of Nick Stormonth who sadly passed away 4 weeks ago from colorectal cancer. We were going to ride this with Nick, however, that’s not something we can do now.
    Have raised about £450 so far, and the money will be distributed amongst Edinburgh Cancer Centre, St Columba’s Hospice, Maggie’s Centres, MacMillan Cancer Support and Crohns & Colitis UK.
    Just choose something to do, choose your charity and get fund raising. Once you get over the embarrassment of asking people for money it’s quite easy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Cycle challenges’ is closed to new replies.