Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • CyB vs Dyfi
  • hydrophil
    Free Member

Having had my wrists rattled apart this weekend on the CyB Enduro and having let the dark side take over my cycling life for the majority of the recent past, got me wondering. Is CyB the hardest trail centre to do on a hardtail? I certainly dont remember the Dyfi from recent years being as tough on the downhills as CyB is?
    Love my 29er hardtail to bits but maybe never again at CyB! 🙄

dti

Dyfi is smoother, and faster, and the climbing is easier.

Northwind

I think I’ve only ever done cyb on a hardtail, it’s mint. Someone’s gone to a lot of effort to put all those rocks there, hardtail means you fully appreciate every last one 😆

Laggan gives you a bit more of a beating and is technically harder, though shorter so that balances out a bit.

hydrophil
    Free Member

hardtail means you fully appreciate every last one

damn right 😆

rkk01
    Free Member

Haven’t enjoyed CyB since it was rebuilt 🙁

Probably says a lot about the type of trails / riding I prefer

dazh

The CyB enduro is definitely harder the the Dyfi IMO. The descents on the Dyfi are of the faster-straighter-steeper nature whereas the CyB they’re twisty, undulating and rocky in places. There’s also more rough pedally stuff at CyB than on the Dyfi. It all adds up to make it feel harder.

footflaps

Haven’t enjoyed CyB since it was rebuilt

Yep, they removed all the best bits and replaced with dull paved sections!

Laggan gives you a bit more of a beating and is technically harder, though shorter so that balances out a bit.

The Black is really short, well the technical bit on it is….

Is CyB the hardest trail centre to do on a hardtail?

Given I’ve mainly ridden it on a 26 HT SS and never found it at all hard, I’d say No….

Northwind

footflaps – Member

The Black is really short, well the technical bit on it is….

It is, but the stone pitching on the lower red is way shooglier than the equivalent causeways at CYB.

zokes
    Free Member

Haven’t enjoyed CyB since it was rebuilt

Yep, they removed all the best bits and replaced with dull paved sections![/quote]

Agreed. At least for a while after they’d made a mess of it you could still barge your way through the older sections if you knew it well.

swanny853

I’d expect to say cyb being one of the harder for a hardtail thanks to the random rockiness of chunks of it but actually thinking about it, i think i might actually have been more beaten up at afan the last time i took a hardtail there. Could be something to do with gradient or speed perhaps? Or maybe just mixed up memory.

I really enjoy taking the solaris to cyb for the enduro- not as fast as the full suss but there seems to be something about the trails there. I find trying to extract every last bit of hover out of unweighting particularly satisfying.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘CyB vs Dyfi’ is closed to new replies.