Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • CX suitable trails Midlothian
  • hopey
    Free Member

Moved to Loanhead recently. Have done quite a bit of road riding and commuting on my CX bike but would like to dip my toes into some ST and off road.

I’m aware there are tracks all over the place – from Roslin, Gorebridge, Dalhousie, Sun inn, etc, though I was wondering if anyone knew any good places to get me started? Fairly unfit fella on a CX bike.

jimmy

Pentlands surely? I’m near Penicuik and that’s where I’d go, but sure there are “local” trails all over the place – depends what you like doing on the cx bike. I’d go Pentlands for dirt tracks and covering ground, local for titting about on the mtb.

gwurk
    Free Member

er… all of them.

except maybe the actual dirt jumps

scotroutes

gwurk – Member
    er… all of them

Pretty much that. You might find the occasional bit that’s too rocky or something (some stuff at Bonaly too) but it would be a tiny percentage of any route.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

There’s not much in Midlothian unsuitable for a cross bike. All fairly flat but there’s plenty of rooty fun stuff in the places you mention. If you don’t mind hills plenty of stuff in the Pentlands, you could have a look round Bilston and Roslin on your way to the hills. I’ve ridden from NewtonGrange to the Pentlands with very little road riding. Lots of easy trails in East Lothian too if you want a longer pedal. Have a look on Strava. Maybe it’s time Winston organised another New Year ride from the Winton.

gwurk
    Free Member

Can’t even get him to go there for a pint tonight now hes taken up running

middle class ****

😆

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bloody writers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘CX suitable trails Midlothian’ is closed to new replies.