Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • CX pros? (Minor 'what tyre' content…)
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve been happy with wired Razes on my doitall crosser for the last year or so, but the back’s getting a bit thin and I can’t find them anywhere now.

Bike might find itself doing anything from big stuff in the peaks to road riding to commuting with only a tyre pressure change – and my commute has several all-year gloppy mud patches with gritty grit either side in naturally fast sections that tend to be a bit squirrelly at times and will lead to big offs if you go over. I also pass a tyre recycle place and every so often have to pull bits of rusty steel wire from the carcasses before patching, so need tough too.

I’ve had Schwalbe CX Pros recommended. Anything else I should be considering? I liked the Contis but wore them out way to fast…

MoreCashThanDash

My Pinnacle cane with small block 8s which proved quite versatile on and off road, but never used them in proper mud. Became very puncture prone as they wore down. Replaced them with Sammy Slicks but may not have enough off road grip for your needs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘CX pros? (Minor 'what tyre' content…)’ is closed to new replies.