Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • cx front mech puzzlement
  • porter_jamie

i have a dirty disco which has a pulley thingymabob and a 105 bottom pull front mech (top pull cable runs). it is a bit sluggish to go into the big ring sometimes. you can see when you push the lever across there is some movement in the pulley before the mech actually moves. it also all gets clogged up with mud

i just found an ultegra cx front mech which is top pull. any reason why i cannot just fit this and bin off the pulley? according to the advert its ok for 52t which is what i have

craigxxl
    Free Member

I think it’s just a case of not much choice or demand for top pull road front mechs so more expensive than fitting a bottom pull and pulley. My XLS is the same but changes ok even when full of mud. I assume you’ve already adjusted cable tension and the upper mech stop is correct.

porter_jamie

yup the stops are correct. if i adjust it so it goes in straight away it then rubs further up the block – i should probably spend a bit more time fine tuning it

craigxxl
    Free Member

A bit of tinkering time is cheaper than a new mech.

porter_jamie

So I bought the new cx mech. Sweet as a nut. Lovely, and the action is much much lighter. Recommend.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Did you go for the Ultegra and how much ?

monkeyp

I have one for sale if interested.

porter_jamie

Crc 25 quid. Its called a cx70.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘cx front mech puzzlement’ is closed to new replies.