• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by dobo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • CX commuter tyre. Sorry
  • MoreCashThanDash

Need to replace the Small Block 8 on my Arkrose. I like the way it rolls on tarmac and the grip on trails and towpaths, but it’s been rather puncture prone with all the twigs and thorns blown about recently.

So, what 700×35 tyre with similar tread, more puncture resistance and ideally less than 515g?

*goes off to research moon on stick*

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

schwalbe land cruisers get my vote.

been using them 4/5 years, briefly thought I’d try some conti’s in the summer and went back to the land cruisers simply cos of repeated punctures. they are a good compromise, they arent uber fast or uber light but they are fast enough and light enough, they are happy offroad and , touch wood, I havent had a puncture on them since swapping back.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Marathon Extreme?

Come in around that weight

£24.99 at sjs cycles

iainc

i am currently liking Conti cross speeds in 35c. Very fast on road and quite able on trails. not much good in mud.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for the ideas. Hadn’t realised marathons went that light, though not the biggest fan from previous versions. Any other suggestions?

ton

specialized crossroads. 38c. including 2 tubes. £20 the pair, delivered from me.

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry ton, 38c won’t fit in the mudguards

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Schwalbe Sammy Slicks 700×35

pryally
    Free Member
    kcal

I’ve had a Schwalbe Smart Sam on the rear of my do-it-all bike since Spring 2013 (until the tread wore down) and hadn’t any problems. £14 CRC.

May be a bit knobbly for you though. Edit: looks to be outside your weight too. Sorry!

dobo
    Free Member

landcruisers, a bit over your target weight but roll ok and grippier than expected. robust and you can get them with refective strips. cheap too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CX commuter tyre. Sorry’ is closed to new replies.