Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CX bike chain device – what are you using for single chainring setup?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’m thinking of changing to a 1×10 set up on my CX bike and am wondering what people are using for this – with road BBs, it really needs to be seat tube mounted rather than BB so that takes out a lot of the mtb options. I’ve seen the e.thirteen xcx but that just looks like silly money.

TIA.

letmetalktomark

Pauls?

clubber
    Free Member

That certainly looks much more like it. Any other options?

boxelder

Is the chain more likely to come off a single ring? Wouldn’t the drag/noise annoy you on smoother sections?

Kuco
    clubber
    Free Member

Maybe not – guess it’d be worth a go without but I just kind of expect that it will…

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Check out K-Edge stuff from wiggle, very nice!
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/k-edge/

I use their chain guard and a simple plastic “dogfang”

traildog
    Free Member

I’ve mostly seen people use plates either side of the chainring. A Team mate of mine has been running this sort of setup for years and years and never lost a chain with it.
    I noticed Paul Oldham is now using a single chainring. Before that, he was using a chain catcher type of thing with a double ring.
    Out of interest, what sized chainring are you planning on using?

mattsccm
    Free Member

when bought my cx bike in the mid 90’s many people were using a pair of side plates. Often just a pair of worn chainrings with the teeth ground of. Just choose something with more teeth than your chain ring

john_l
    Free Member

I used a seattube mounted Dog Fang & a Salsa crossguard.

Definitely needed both.

Using a Paul’s keeper on my mtb at the moment.

rOcKeTdOg

n-stop £10 from billys

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CX bike chain device – what are you using for single chainring setup?’ is closed to new replies.