Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cwmcarn Pedalhounds vs Y Mynydd?
  • joebristol

Just looking to see what people think are he differences in the above 2 x downhill tracks are CC.

I’ve done Pedalhounds 3 or 4 times now and have quite enjoyed it – usually pedal round Cafell and cut off down it to finish.

Wondering how the other DH compares, and also how you get to the top of it. Can you pedal up the Twych to get to the top? If so I’m wondering about pedalling up hat way, sessioning airstream a few times, then going off down the y mynydd DH run.

In terms of downhill ability I’m very average in capabilities. I get down Pedalhounds with no issues over than arm pump – but my jumping ability isn’t great. Drop offs on PH don’t cause me any issues.

My bike is way more capable than I am.

joefm

The Myndd track has nothing technical unless completely flat out. I’d say it’s pretty dull but for one run it may do.

Can get to the top from the Twych. Just turn off the forest road at the high point and carry on for a bit.

JackHammer

I prefer Y Mynydd. It’s about as easy/hard as PedalHounds, but different style of track. It’s got a few black “options” on the trail and is linger than pedal hounds I reckon.

You can pedal to the top from Twrch, if you pop off the trail at the steep concrete ramp get on the road and pedal up the hill you should find it, maybe 20 mins.

BUT! Last time I checked it wasn’t allowed due to the logging going on around there, so I’d check in the visitors center or the bike shop. Or you can jump on the uplift bus if there’s space.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn Pedalhounds vs Y Mynydd?’ is closed to new replies.