Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cwmcarn Free-Ride Section
  • redx

Does anyone know what work is being done on the Free-Ride section at Cwmcarn? Was up there on Saturday and the trail was closed, with the bypass round on the Twrch Trail.

Are they just doing some re-furbishment or are bigger changes planned? Didn’t see anything about in the Visitor Centre and couldn’t find anything on MTB-Wales…..

Cheers,

Alex

GaryLake
    Free Member

*registers interest*

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope they are re-doing those big ‘tabletops’. They really don’t work for me, and I know it’s not just me cos I got major air (relatively speaking) on the Energy section on Whyte’s red on Sunday.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh! keeps eyes peeled!

dropoff

Sorry, but the tabletops work just fine 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Do they buggery. If you have to huck like mad to get 8″ of air then that’s not a good tabletop, imo. OTOH, the ones on Energy pick you up, lift you high into the air and then set you down gently. Perfect.

adstick
    Free Member

You cleared everything on the Energy trail but couldn’t manage those at Cwm Carn? I’m surprised. There’s nothing wrong with those jumps, just pump harder…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I was amused that someone had altered the sign from ‘Trail Shut’ to ‘Trail Sh1t’.

solamanda
    Free Member

I found the jumps on the Cwmcarn trail poor, you have to go slow to jump them, its faster to manual them. Also too windy up there alot of the time, shame as alot of effort was put into it.

yoshimi

found the jumps on the Cwmcarn trail poor, you have to go slow to jump them, its faster to manual them. Also too windy up there alot of the time, shame as alot of effort was put into it.

I thought the same – cuold not generate any speed – felt almost uphill

flatfish
    Free Member

we got there just as a guy way closing the trail and says it’s for resurfacing.

when we got down to the bottom there were two tipper wagons heading up the road but i’m not sure if they were connected or not.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn Free-Ride Section’ is closed to new replies.