Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cwmcarn Diversions
  • docgeoffyjones

Was planning on riding Cafall tomorrow but on the website it says there are diversions on both Cafall and Twrch.

Cafall I cannot see any diversions on the map

On the Trwch it looks like the entire climb and all the way round to concrete ramp is closed

Anyone ridden it lately and can confirm?

philwarren11
    Free Member

Nothing on Cafall.

Climb to totem poll, most of the singeltrack climb is shit then concrete slab to final descent. Both free ride sections are open and had some love recently.

docgeoffyjones

Climb to totem poll, most of the singeltrack climb is shit then concrete slab to final descent.

Sorry i don’t understand? Is that what is closed or open?

milky1980
    Free Member

The Twrch is officially open all the way round to the concrete ramp then it diverts down a fireroad to the top of the final descent. Trouble is they are doing some ground work above the Giant’s car park so that final bit of the climb is sometimes closed, you just divert up Forest Drive for a bit then pick up the first fireroad on your left which takes you to the Freeride sections. AFAIK Cafall is all open.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Cafall all open & Twrch diverted at the concrete ramp down a dirt track to the last 1/3 (?) of the DH. Everything that is open is 100% rideable.

I roe it on Monday in glorious sunshine – bumped into some of the Mojo boys who were obviously having a high level executive meeting…… 😆

(#jobenvy)

Ignore the haterz.

docgeoffyjones

thanks for all the responses

kimbers

well we rode cafall today, running very nice
    Pedalhounds DH was covered in leaves quite hard to follow the line

twrch fine up to the concrete slab, as it was the weekend we rode through the no entry up the road past some big logging machines and did the DH, that also had some leaf cover

Has the uplift not been running? (i know mynd du must be closed due to felling)

bumped into chiefgrooveguru too, did you make the twrch and then dh?

superfli
    Free Member

Really enjoyed today Kimbers! Good to ride somewhere different – I wasnt so sure about Cwmcarn, as my 2 previous visits were a few years ago, with only Twrch and DH. The 2 new trails are a great addition! So we did both Reds up and along, and then the DH trails down 🙂 good combo that! The diversion to Twrch isnt nearly as bad as the diversion map makes out – in fact the map is wrong.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cwmcarn Diversions’ is closed to new replies.