Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cwm Carn pics from 2nd Jan
  • stumpy01

I’ve only just got me username/password up and working again hence the delay!
    But, anyhoo….here’s a couple of pics from Cwm Carn taken on my camera phone at about midday or so on the 2nd.
    A great ride – cold, but dry and very frosty in places. There was a large group there with some dalmations that looked like they were having a blast (the dogs weren’t on bikes!!).
    First image upload attempt so lets hope it works.

rOcKeTdOg

is that an uphill or downhill bit?

stumpy01

The first pic is a bit misleading. It’s looking back down the trail I’d just ridden up. It’s a few miles in and undulates a bit before meeting a rocky fireroad-y section at this sharp corner. So you come up the path in the pic and then scoot off up the fireroad in a 2 o’clock direction looking at the pic.

The second pic is around about 1/2 way down the ‘downhill’ side of the ride, I think. There’s a fairly level, but up and downy section through some woods. To be honest I am crap at remembering where i am/was on rides!

I took a better pic by a large stump a bit further along from the second pic, where you have to hop over some large roots eminating from said stump, but my phone decided it didn’t want to save it, even though it said it had!

Burchy1
    Free Member

I like them, looks like it was flippin cold though.

sofatester
    Free Member

Brass monkey weather!

Great pics for a camera phone, well done.

stumpy01

It was pretty cold – hovering around zero.
    Was fine as soon as you got going though, took my waterproof off after about 5 mins and rode the whole trail with just a base and windproof mid layer on. Didn’t even bother with my winter Sealskinz – just some fairly chunky Gill XC gloves. There was virtually no wind, so I think that made the difference.

Glad you liked the pics. The camera on the phone is quite good (SE K850i) and I did adjust the curves and saturation in Photoshop as they looked a little flat striaght from the camera (erm, phone).

First foray to Wales with my Juicy 7’s and RS Reba Air U-Turns. Very impressed with both.

SammyC
    Free Member

Sorry for the hi-jack but just noticed your photos, we were there a little earlier (2nd car in the car park at 8:45am):

Me!

My tracks the first of the day! 🙂

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cwm Carn pics from 2nd Jan’ is closed to new replies.