Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CV writing.. anyone got a good template?
  • Tiboy

Looking to update my CV ready for the worst, Has anyone got a template they'd be happy to share? I work in the engineering/defense industry if that makes a difference.
    Cheers

awh
    Free Member

Firstly decide what is the best type of cv to sell what you can do for an employer, examples.

Write as much as you can even if it's very long, THEN EDIT. CVs I submitted were 2 pages long and each is matched to the job description. I found the read aloud function in Abode Reader useful for spotting spelling and grammer mistakes!

br
    Free Member

I can recommend these people http://www.yourcv.co.uk

I realise its a cost, but I was getting nowhere finding a new job and was recommended them by a recruitment chap who wanted to submit me for Director role – which (hopefully) is going well.

They've done a really good job; its difficult trying to get 20+ years of experience onto 2 pages.

Tiboy

Thanks, will take a look tonight

thepurist

Tiboy – just wondering how you got on with this – did you use the yourcv service or go another way? I'm re-vamping my CV at the mo and am struggling to get it feeling right, so am thinking of using someone like them.

I used the one on the Job Centre Plus website.
    It worked for me. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘CV writing.. anyone got a good template?’ is closed to new replies.