Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cutting a SIM card down to Nano size
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

My current mobile provider won’t provide me with a Nano SIM and I’m in contract until end 2015. Would like to use a new handset which takes smaller SIM. Just how easy is it to cut a micro down to a nano?

sharkbait
    Free Member

easy, did it the other day (from a micro sim). Get a template – it will show you how to cut it (I didn’t actually use the template in the end as it’s pretty obvious where to cut).

grizedaleforest

Or you can get a SIM cutter off Amazon for not much money…

nuke

Easy, just Google for a guide… I used a sharp knife pushed firmly down to take the sides off.

Also found it useful to sand the back down gently to make the sim a bit thinner for easy fitting into a smartphone

markshires
    Free Member

I got a cutter from ebay a while back it’s a bit like a hole punch, it was only a couple of quid.

Cougar

What sort of lame-ass provider are you with who won’t give you a SIM? Scrooge McDuck Telecoms?

matt_outandabout

Scrooge McDuck Telecoms?

Been watching the old ones again Cougar?

DrP

template off ‘tnet and scissors…job done…

DrP

Cougar

Pair of scissors, straight through the middle, call your service provider and tell them your SIM doesn’t work.

Matt > I don’t remember that scene off the top of my head, I’m afraid.

ahwiles
    Free Member

“i was more impressed by the contents of my handkerchief the last time i blew my nose”

if my memory serves…

IA

Also found it useful to sand the back down gently to make the sim a bit thinner for easy fitting into a smartphone

Important point here – nano sims are also thinner.

Doesn’t matter in some phones, in others you’ll bend the contacts so a real nano sim will be dodgy.

almightydutch
    Free Member

I thought it was more a case of ‘ Thank god, I thought I’d landed sausage side…..’

DrP

..in others you’ll bend the contacts..

I wondered why Andrew Akers, Annie, and Amelie all looked a bit bent after I forced mine in. They must be the first few contacts on my SIM I imagine..

DrP

matt_outandabout

Cougar – Moderator

Scrooge McDuck Telecoms?

Blackadder – member

Wee Jock Poo Pong McPlop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cutting a SIM card down to Nano size’ is closed to new replies.