Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cutgate conditions
  • extremenik
    Free Member

Anyone know how it is riding at the moment.

Also what is the distance from Langsett barn to slippery stones?

tomj
    Free Member

Its worth checking out the Keeper of the Peak (KoftheP) twitter feed for updates on the Peak District conditions – and post an update if you’ve been for a ride. According to them Cutgate is pretty good for this time of year. Just a bit muddy on the top but ridable muddy puddles rather than bike swallowing bogs.

I think my usual Langsett to Slippery Stones and return out and back is about 20km so I guess 10km or so each way

munrobiker
    Free Member

I was up there last week and it was pretty darned good then. No real rain since so it’ll be as good as it ever gets now.

Round trip is about ten miles.

scandal42
    Free Member

Right, how bad will it be on Sunday?

Been nice and dry recently and then a shed load of rain over the last 2 days.

Avoid?

monde
    Free Member

6 hours of heavy rain this morning wont have helped the bogs at the top but its forecast to dry out a bit tomorrow before the rain returns on Sunday. Should be ok if you get there early on Sun

Tracey

Was as dry as ever a couple of weeks ago and up till today the weather has been good. Rained most of the night and up till lunch time. It should be OK but local forcast from the Langsett side for Sunday is rain through the night up to mid day. Saturday is showing sun all day.

scandal42
    Free Member

Cheers both

sparkyrhino

Bumbling up and over tommora,will report back if I remember.

sparkyrhino

Tops are boggy as per, but up and down are nice and dry mostly.enjoy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cutgate conditions’ is closed to new replies.