Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cut away Saddles who's using them.
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Anyone switched to a cut away saddle recently and noticed a big change,

I’ve been using the same shape of saddles for ages and i’ve just started getting pain into long rough rides.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I switched to one and find it very comfortable it was also the correct size for my sit bones which also made a vast difference to my riding comfort, I should also point out it was for my road bike.

nedrapier

yup. had problems in the past, now I don’t. I’m currently on a spesh phenom off the classifieds.

Looking at the Selle italia Gel flow for the other bike.

Can’t see any reason to not give one a go. Pick one in a similar shape to obne you already like. You want weight going through your sit bones rather than anywhere more crucial, and you’ve still got the control from your thighs on the nose.

I’ve not tried the real wierdo looking ones, though. maybe I should…

Kryton57

Just switch from a Scratch Pro (which reduced soreness and was the correct sit bone width) to a correctly sized Selle Italia SL Flow.

Only done 2 rides since – 1.5 & 3hrs respectively. On the former, no issues at all. On the latter slight niggly “pain” (noticable but not painful) on my inside left perenum at 1.5hrs which went away again later. I got the same on the Scratch but more so.

mboy
    Free Member

Saddles without a groove give me grief in minutes!

By contrast, I currently run Spesh Phenom’s (important to get the width right for your sit bones) with a big groove, and can spend ages in the saddle. 100 mile sportive the other week, every bit of me hurt except my arse/crotch. Did 60 miles yesterday, can’t even remotely tell I spent hours in the saddle.

Nobby

I switched to one and find it very comfortable it was also the correct size for my sit bones which also made a vast difference to my riding comfort,

This.

I find the Selle Itallia SL Flow so comfy (on my roadie) I bought the XC version for the MTB.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been using fizik ariones for years on both roadie and Ss29er.

Conan257
    Free Member

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/saddles-posts-1/saddles-1/selle-italia-saddles-1/selle-italia-xo-flow-saddle.html

Been using those for quite a while, fit me perfectly and they’re oh-so comfy!

But, saddles can be a personal thing.

lunge

Selle Italia Flite Gel flow for me on the roadie and it is spot on. Never really struggled on the MTB, so it’s just got the default Bel-Air on it.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Cheers, on the look out now, might try for a demo saddle.

The flight or slr gel flow was what I was looking at.

timbur
    Free Member

Shep old boy, got four or five Flite Trans Ams in the shed that could do with re-homing. If you’ve got a Flite bum then they are ace. I found I needed to be riding every week or they were a bit to rigid.
    Drop me a mail if interested and I’ll get some pics.
    Tim (you bought a pair of H bars off me)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cut away Saddles who's using them.’ is closed to new replies.