Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Customising Bikes
  • scottscale70
    Free Member

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum but really need help. I have had my scott scale 70 2010 for some time now and i want to customize it.

I am currently upgrading the forks but need help on what to upgrade to. i want something with a 1″18 steerer tube and a 9mm quick release and ideally between 100 and 120mm travel, any ideas.

another big problem is the handle bars, they are too narrow. i want to upgrade to carbon to make the bike lighter but don’t want to spend above 80 pounds. i want them about 720mm to 740mm any ideas.

Thanks for help

Kieren 🙂

tomhoward

Buy some alu bars and lighter tyres, that will make more of a difference than carbon bars alone

scottscale70
    Free Member

Ok cheers for help 😀

Scapegoat

What’s your budget? There are plenty of bargain forks out there, with Tora and Reba both likely contenders secondhand.

Wouldn’t bother with carbon bars, you’ll only save 100 grammes or so over a £25 alloy bar. Funn Full on at CRC nice 750 mm bar.

If you want to save weight change your chainset to a Hollowtech 2, there are some bargain used slx or Deore out there, and if you shop round you’ll find new Deore for £40 from ze Germans

Lightweight tyres and even a lightweight wheelset will also help, but think long and hard whether the frame deserves such expense!

rossp
    Free Member

got a set of reba’s im looking for £100 for, only got 158mm steerer tube though, looks like it could be long enough for your frame?

scottscale70
    Free Member

ok cheers any suggestions on tires as we are out round trial centres a lot and out in the peak where the terrain gets tough or two set of tires??

scottscale70
    Free Member

hi rossp have you got any pictures of your rock shox reba’s plz

rossp
    Free Member

yeah, email me on rossphelps@gmail.com and i’ll send over some pics. Im based in sheffield too so you could come and check them out?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Customising Bikes’ is closed to new replies.