Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Customer service – thoughts on Giant and Cube
  • jruk
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying a road or CX bike and have pretty much narrowed it down to a Cube or a Giant and I’ll be getting it through Cycle Surgery.

Any thoughts on their customer service?

Ta

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have only had experience of Giant, a wheel problem and then a cracked NRS frame (A known problem with earlier models apparently)

In both cases, Giant’s warranty team were excellent. Outstanding, even.

The wheel was a cracked rear hub body on a DT hub. They immediately swapped the whole wheel for a rather trick, team issue 24 spoke tubeless rear, with a free tyre thrown in for good measure.
    Frame was a known problem. Rang them on a Monday, dropped the bike off on a Tuesday, had a fully rebuilt, brand new frame (With new headset, BB and shock) in my hands by the Saturday.

Impressed. Very impressed.

I also happen to know that one basis on which the Surgery choose brands, apart from supply and price considerations of course, is after sales care. When you sell that many bikes, it gets to be pretty important. Giant are one of the best out there, IMHO.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Another thumbs up for Giant. I borked my shock eyelet bush through hamfistedness and had a drama when some idiot drilled my rocker arm trying to get said bolt out. Contacted them, explained my situation; they sent me replacement parts for free!!!! (Bloody quick too) I sent them loads of biscuits and Haribo in return. Top guys IMHO.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Giant do seem very good. I go through my LBS but they have nothing but praise for Giant customer service.

Edit: They also sold cube for a while but stopped dealing with them, complaining about their customer service.

antares
    Free Member

Had an Anthem which developed a crack in the frame. Had a new frame and shock back in a week. Can’t fault em.

scotroutes

Don’t know about Giant but I used to work in a bike shop selling Cube. Can’t say we ever had any problems with them other than poor packaging of new bikes and they seemed pretty quick to resolve any issues.

mike_p
    Free Member

I’ve owned a couple of Giants… tend to be unspectacular to behold, but the last one (a Defy) was a very good bike indeed, never a hint of trouble and usually conspicuously good value.

And I’ve bought a couple of bikes from CycSurg (the Spitalfields/Strype St duo) who are never less than very helpful and full of good advice. Unlike a certain other big shop across the way…

Thumbs up here

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Customer service – thoughts on Giant and Cube’ is closed to new replies.